Gun Show!!

Gun Show!!

This is a discussion on Gun Show!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I went to the local Fair Grounds for the gun / knife show today after Church. Usually the show is at the very least ...

Thread: Gun Show!!

Exclamation Gun Show!!

Well I went to the local Fair Grounds for the gun / knife show today after Church. Usually the show is at the very least moderately (150+) crowded at this time of day, but there were fewer than 30 (maybe as low as 20) people that were not vendors in the whole building!

Curious I said to on the the regulars, "Please don't tell me it was this way yesterday" N he said "It was this way yesterday"... "with high gas prices and the economics people are afraid to get out".

Well I figure at this rate if this keeps up the Anti's will not need to pass any gun show laws, all the vendors will just go broke...

The moral to this story is support your hobby go buy a gun N some ammo.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

B52
    I believe the internet is killing gun shows. The two I went to a few months ago had poor turnout mostly gang-bangers and the prices were too high on EVERYTHING.

I think the prices at gun shows are killing gun shows.

You used to be able do get good deals at shows, but nowadays the prices are cheaper at the gun shop most of the time.

I still go because sometimes they have good deals on ammo, mags and accesories, but deals on guns are rare these days.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I think the prices at gun shows are killing gun shows.

You used to be able do get good deals at shows, but nowadays the prices are cheaper at the gun shop most of the time.

I still go because sometimes they have good deals on ammo, mags and accesories, but deals on guns are rare these days.
    I agree. The prices at the shows don't seem to be much better than local gun shops here.
    Regardless of that, I will still go to the gun shows because it's cool to see and pick up the guns(that the local stores don't have) in person, and meet the people behind the counter.

I quit going to gun shows a couple of years ago...
    My two gun shops (the two I support) are all I need.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There used to be a gun show unafilited to the gun club in monroe, then Washington gun collectors opened a show in Monroe and the other show closed. I joined the gun club, but found I didn't like the show as much as the other one so I quit going.

EW3
    The last gun show I went to in PA a few weeks ago was noticeably less crowded than I remember. There usually is a long line at opening time that takes forever to get through, but we got there right at opening and got in within minutes. I think many people are nervous about making big purchases right now.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

oddly enough i got a few of my best weapons a a good bargain at gun shows. and many of the venders were willing to deal a bit. might be a side effect of them not getting the customer base like they used to but i do my part every paycheck.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Used to be you could go to a gun show and find what you wanted at a decent price. I understand that the sellers have to make some profit, but the past 5 years or so, they think they have the only guns in the world, so they can sell for whatever number pops into their heads. The last show I went to about a year ago, there were people selling hardware, jerky, bowling balls, model kits, belt buckles, etc etc. Junk that had nothing to do with shooting and hunting.

Most of the vendors had guns, but I could get the same thing on the internet for as much as 50% lower than what they wanted. There also seemed to be a lot of guys that had their personal collection on the tables that were priced so high that I think they just wanted to show off what they had. I have managed to time my wants and needs to trips we take to Colorado Springs to visit Sportsmans Warehouse or Kansas City to Cabellas. Don't have any sellers in my town so I have to drive anyway. Just pick up what I need when we visit one of the kids and grandkiddies.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Best deals at a gunshow are right outside the gate. I hate the opportunistic dealers and pawnshops that set up and charge over retail just because they are in a gun environment. They are killing the gun shows themselves from the inside.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Links