You might want to vote on this...:MERGED

This is a discussion on You might want to vote on this...:MERGED within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Newsvine - Will you vote for a presidential candidate based on his stance on guns? Hope this link works........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You might want to vote on this...:MERGED

You might want to vote on this...:MERGED

Guns are the teeth of the people.
    Political agendas are nothing more than tooth decay.

2. Remove Ads

The link works, but since it does not say what stance you would wish taken and the fact that the Yes votes are down by around 30,000, I don't think it matters too much.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    The link works. Read the comments and see how stupid people are. They actually think their guns would be safe under Osama.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Briefing Book: Shooting for the sweet spot - Briefing book: Issues '08 - MSNBC.com

Sorry, Here is the story.
    I guess I will vote against Obama in any way, and on any forum that I can......
    Guns are the teeth of the people.
    Political agendas are nothing more than tooth decay.

I find it interesting how people don't think the faltering economy won't brig up self defense issues. We are NOT the same country we were during the great depression, people for the most part had a sense of responsibility and self reliance. These days someone will just as soon take your stuff or life than they would sit there and pick their nose.

If the economy really takes a dive there will be areas where I can see those without a means of self defense will be helpless against the BG who are looking to do ill will.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    If the economy really takes a dive there will be areas where I can see those without a means of self defense will be helpless against the BG who are looking to do ill will.
    I heartily agree.
    Just read about the guy in Argentina that has experienced the very same type of disintegration.
    Ahh, Here's the info:
    Quote Originally Posted by foefumm View Post
    FYI: The author (FerFal) has his own blog now with more recent info, if you are interested.
    Surviving in Argentina
    Really, what Paco said is already the case in some areas.
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

I'm tired of these articles and polls.

They all say and 'report' the same thing that the last one did and the ones before that. The only difference is a change in the associated imagery although even those follow a similar same condition including a person holding a gun, finger on the trigger!, aimed at or near the camera (and the photographer by photo perspective). Enough already.

Anyone who by now doesn't know or isn't sure of the record for either candidate and their stance on _everything_ muchless the specifics of gun ownership and associated 2A rights either was born yesterday or has been in a coma.

Fact is neither candidate is our 'friend' and both lean left of center on this subject with one just being more so than the other. This is not new news.
    As well this election is about a whole lot more than the singular subject of guns in specific. This is for all the marbles including future Supreme Court justices and much much more.
    Further any actions by the President against the 2A must go through Congress first and that means fighting amongst the House and Senate at our state reps level, which is the primary item of view and contention. So even if/when Obama wins he'll still have a tough row to hoe even as Pelosi & Co. control the Congress by a majority.

Hell lets just vote today and get this over with, so I don't have to see any more OMG they really do/did want my guns polls and news stories.

/rant

- Janq

P.S. - I too agree with Paco. People today and social mores are very much different than yesteryear. Human life is worth less to far more people than it had been during the 20s and 30s, and we have far more crime life associated/emulating predators roaming amongst us too.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

While the need for gun control is evident in our crime statistics, I do not consider this a "major" reason to base my selection for preside

{"commentId":3333912,"threadId":"380132","contentI d":"1958542","authorDomain":"donnaacole"}
    1 vote# - DonnaNJ - 9:08 am EDT on Mon Oct 6, 2008
    Took a random comment. Same old mentality!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

heres one response that really stood out to me

(Guns are for small minded cowards. I never saw a need to own a gun and less guns would mean less gun related crimes. Just say no to guns!
    # - Eric, Salinas, CA - 10:16 am EDT on Mon Oct 6, 2008)

what a ignorant response, is he living in fantasy land?
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    heres one response that really stood out to me

(Guns are for small minded cowards. I never saw a need to own a gun and less guns would mean less gun related crimes. Just say no to guns!
    # - Eric, Salinas, CA - 10:16 am EDT on Mon Oct 6, 2008)

what a ignorant response, is he living in fantasy land?
    I noticed that one, too!

I guess you can't fix, STUPID!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by mmargotta View Post
    Based *only* on his stance towards guns? No way.

Let's use a hypothetical situation: What if it were McCain who was anti-gun and Obama that was pro-gun.

That would be a darn tough decision...

I voted, but now I'm rather depressed after seeing the results so far. May God help us all.

Loaded question, but put me in the no column.

to many other extremely important issues to only focus on one above all others.

I believe that Obama would have a tough time going for any gun laws with the fear anti-gun policy puts in the heart of any Democrat that remembers 1994. It was a blood bath for the Dems after Joe Biden put up the Clinton gun ban. I almost think that area/region is more important than party when it comes to gun control. Look at Republicans coming out of Illinois and Dems from Rocky Mountain states i.e. John Salazar, or Virginia i.e. Jim Webb.

The part that really worries me is if Obama can't solve the economy, makes mis steps in the war, another terrorist attack, etc he may just turn to his comfort zone and attack guns. When leaders know they are over their head and have no clue what to do, they turn to what they know, Chicago south side politics.

polls

i have voted a gun ticket for several years, but what bothers me most is who they will put in the supreme court.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links