Glock: What replacement parts needed?

This is a discussion on Glock: What replacement parts needed? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've purchased my first glock 45 and am in the habit of having relevant replacement parts on hand. Many have come in handy with my ...

Thread: Glock: What replacement parts needed?

Glock: What replacement parts needed?

I've purchased my first glock 45 and am in the habit of having relevant replacement parts on hand. Many have come in handy with my AR's in the past, but, am not really sure what replacement parts I should expect will be needed to ensure that my glock 21 will run and run and run through the next several thousand rounds.

2. Remove Ads

My list would include a spare recoil spring assembly, and a spring kit (striker, safety plunger, trigger, spring loaded bearing for extractor), and pins. I really don't think you'd have to worry about much with several thousand rounds actually....but maybe after tens of thousands. I'm like you though, and keep several replacement parts on hand for any of my firearms. With your Glock though, I think you should start with magazine replacement parts first...mainly springs and followers. These items will require attention long before your pistol in my opinion.

Administrator
    I'll second RamRod. My G22 I carried on duty needed some spring replacement not because it was shot a lot, (and it was) but because it was carried a lot. Carry guns pick up all sorts of junk that gums, rusts or otherwise hinders performance.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Plus 1 on Ramrods suggestions. I would add a few sets of the striker spring cups. (There easy to loose when replacing your striker spring) Over the past couple of months,I've put together a spare parts kit containing at least 2 of all the springs, trigger bars, trigger housings, fireing pin spacers and channel liners ect. Eventually I will add spare strikers, locking blocks, and extractors for my Glock 23 and 34.

Two of everything is probably a little overkill, but if one of my Glocks goes down, I want all possible parts on hand to repair it myself. Don't forget to get yourself a Glock Tool for disassembly
    Randy

You can go nuts with spare parts, and they're cheap! What will you need? Probably nothing for a long, long time.

I have over 70,000 rounds through a G17--it's broken 2 trigger springs. That's it. I'm still on the first 11# recoil spring that I put in it when I bought it. Mag springs are original (okay, okay--I use 15 mags and they rotate a lot).

The G35 has upwards of 30,000 down the pipe and it's still rolling along wonderfully.

Dan

Btw--if your trigger spring breaks and you NEED it to fire, hold the gun upside down and it works every time. <g> Go figger.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Thanks guys! Just what I was looking for...any reco's on where to buy the replacement parts (online?)? I see a number of glock oriented online stores, but, would like to hear who you've had a good (or bad) experience with for glock replacement parts.

Topgunsupply is usually the place for me for any of the factory Glock pistol parts. I actually started accumulating spare parts for my Glocks when Ajax was an authorized distributor. I don't think they do anymore. Topgunsupply charges reasonable shipping fees and is the best IMO in contact, speed of delivery, and customer satisfaction. Tell Tom I sent you.
    GLOCK PARTS - Top Gun Supply

Glockmeister is okay. Brownells is outstanding.
    Avoid Botach Tactical and TopGlock.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Parts

I'm an armorer and I care for a bunch of high mileage rental Glocks. The only parts I've ever seen break in extended use are the recoil guide rods, the (non NY) trigger springs, a couple of extractors, one slide cover plate, one mag floorplate, and one or two slide stop springs. Occasionally a magazine pops up that won't lock the slide open due to follower wear, too. The magazine floorplate was almost certainly due to dropping.

I keep all of these parts and a bunch of others for the family Glocks. I get them from Glock.

just get a second Glock for the parts ;-)
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    I'm an armorer and I care for a bunch of high mileage rental Glocks. The only parts I've ever seen break in extended use are the recoil guide rods, the (non NY) trigger springs, a couple of extractors, one slide cover plate, one mag floorplate, and one or two slide stop springs. Occasionally a magazine pops up that won't lock the slide open due to follower wear, too. The magazine floorplate was almost certainly due to dropping.

I keep all of these parts and a bunch of others for the family Glocks. I get them from Glock.
    So....keeping extra in stock for the forum members is not out of the question? As a classified armorer....could you define "extended use"?

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    Glockmeister is okay. Brownells is outstanding.
    Avoid Botach Tactical and TopGlock.

+1 to this. Glockmeister and Brownells are the two that I visit the most for mine. Like everyone else haas said though, springs would be the most important as that is the highest chance of failing after extended use. That being said I have enough parts in my range bag to completely rebuild my G21 "just in case".

Links