Need a little help - Taurus pt-111pro

This is a discussion on Need a little help - Taurus pt-111pro within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just got back from the range with my Taurus pt111 pro. I put roughly 150 rounds through it (first time its ever been shot, ...

Thread: Need a little help - Taurus pt-111pro

Need a little help - Taurus pt-111pro

I just got back from the range with my Taurus pt111 pro. I put roughly 150 rounds through it (first time its ever been shot, I was using winchester rounds). I didn't have any sort of problem with it on the range at all. It cycled and fired each and every round great.

When I broke it down to clean it....I couldn't get it put back together. The recoil spring isn't compressing to fit between the slide and barrel. Its stuck in the open position, and I can't get it to compress at all.

Any ideas what may be wrong with it? am I going to have to send it back to Taurus, or is this somethign that I can fix?
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

2. Remove Ads

Try twisting the spring some; also make sure the spring is completely in the hole at the front of the slide before you try to compress it. If your recoil spring has a slight curve to it put the bow side towards the barrel. I have the same gun and know exactly what you are talking about.

Thanks for the reply. I just got it back together. It was just a little off line when I was putting it back in. I've broken it down a few times before when I first got it (just to figure it out) and didn't run into that problem....

Besides the field stripping and re-assembly, I love it. It was comfortable, grouped well, and 100% reliable.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Good to hear it. I love the little thing. I know that it is cheap but hey it not a bad bang for the buck. I did had a little problem with mine when if first got it not firing. It would strike the primer but would not go bang. I had about 6 rounds out of 100 do that to me. I took it home, spent about 2 hours cleaning it focusing on the slide/firing pin and haven’t had a problem since. I think that the molasses preservative oil it was coated with when I bought it got into the firing pin and caused weak primer strikes. I guess I didn’t clean it properly before I shot it. Oh well, all is good now.

Glad you got it back together and it was nothing wrong with the gun. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Glad you got it back together. I have the PT145 and if you dont get the spring assembly just right it will fight you going back in.

I have the PT745 and love it. A great small carry gun. NO jams ever with over 500 rounds thru it
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

Links