Defensive Carry banner

Airlines checked luggage ban .....

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Anubis 
#1 ·
Beginnings of a possible growing thing??
Damn !!

USA 3000 Airline bans guns in baggage
Posted by David Hardy · 23 December 2005 10:24 AM
From Don Causeu of The Hunting Report, via Todd Rathner:

USA 3000 Airlines, has changed its baggage policies to prohibit passengers from transporting any firearms or ammunition as checked baggage. That’s right – any kind of firearms or ammunition.

We learned of the shift in policy from subscriber Rob Hoskins, who tells us he spent some time arguing with a company representative via e-mail about the wisdom of such a move. We haven’t done the same, but we have confirmed with the company that it has imposed a blanket ban on the transport of firearms as checked baggage. That’s enough for us to call for a boycott of their services until the company changes its mind. We are going to make sure the NRA knows of this, and perhaps they will join the crusade.

In case you haven’t heard of USA 3000, it operates from cities in the Northeast and Midwest to Florida, The Dominican Republic and Mexico. The company also operates many charter flights to the Caribbean and other Mexican cities in conjunction with a tour operator named Apple Vacations.

To contact them: 1-888-479-3001, or send e-mail to customerdesk@usa3000airlines.com.

See less See more
#2 ·
Where the heck is the logic in that? Safety? Hardly. Saving lives? Hardly.

I can only take it as the most anti gun statement they could make - and the way it appears as described - I hope they lose enough business to hurt.

If this can be substantiated totally to my satisfaction then I am writing them - just holding off to make dead sure of facts. :cuss:

#3 ·
Chris,

This should convince you!

http://www.usa3000airlines.com/restrictedarticles.htm

Read down the list, no weapons of any kind, no knives of any sort. And to re-iterate their Brady Bunch philosophy, they repeat it at the very end with a separate paragraph on NO guns/ammo of any kind by ANY passenger!

I hope we don't waste gov't money by putting armed Air Marshals on their flights!

Corporate Info:

HEAD OFFICE MAILING ADDRESS IS:
USA3000 Airlines
335 Bishop Hollow Rd
Newtown Square, PA 19073

TEL 610-325-1280 MAIN NUMBER

I never heard of them, but they don't fly out of MA, closest to me is NY and CT.

#4 ·
Thx len - I am convinced.

Not heard of them before - certainly not down at Dulles (DC). But sure as heck they are now on my radar!!

I will write them and put a toe in the water.

#6 ·
Here is an email I sent them --
Sirs,

I keep hoping I am hearing wrong but it would appear you are adopting a policy which precludes not only sharp objects - in itself not so unusual these days I guess but - also it would seem no firearms in checked baggage.

I do not fly with you but if this is your policy I can assure I never will. Is this a safety measure? Is it supposed to save lives? I hardly think so. How is checked baggage a risk to flight passengers?

I am an American Citizen, holding a current PA CCW - and to achieve this have been cleared though background checks. Should I decide to travel to another state where I also have legal status to carry a firearm, I would wish to have said firearm with me on my travels. I am what is ubiquitously known as, a ''good guy''.

I can thus far only construe your apparent policy as being one of total anti gun paranoia. An attempt to achieve control of law abiding people and better deny them a means of self defence.

I would remind you that criminals have and use guns regardless of laws and restrictions, whereas law abiding people such as myself seem to be the target of unscupulous do-gooders, mistakenly assuming that by imposing their own control on guns makes for a suddenly much safer place.

Coming back to no guns in checked baggage, I should be more than interested to hear your rationale for such a decision. Right now I am at a loss to understand it at all.

Sincerely

#7 ·
well reading the disclaimer. I could read it to be that you can't carry it on you. Your checked luggage is ok.
I'm waiting to see what the response is.

#8 ·
Well, here is their "disclaimer":

RESTRICTED ITEMS

Before you pack your checked or carry-on luggage please see the list of restricted items below. You may not realize common everyday items that may be classified as dangerous goods which are restricted for transport by USA3000 Airlines:
. . .
Weapons: Firearms, Ammunition, gunpowder, mace, tear-gas, or pepper spray
. . .
Miscellaneous Items: Knives of any length, cutting instruments of ANY kind (metallic or non-metallic) including carpet knives, box cutters and folding or retractable blades regardless of length, ice picks, straight razors (safety/disposable razors ARE allowed), and elongated scissors ...
Seems clear to me that they forbid the above items from CHECKED luggage.

If that isn't the case, they should hire someone who has English as their primary language re-write their policies.

#10 ·
notice the OR. Clearly, you can have a razon in your checked baggage.

I do agree it's not clear.

#11 ·
Just sent this email to their customer service department:

customerdesk@usa3000airlines.com

Dear Sir or Madam,

It has come to my attention that your airline appears to have a 100% anti-gun policy.

To not allow lawful citizens to transport their personal firearms (securely and in line with TSA guidelines) presents a hugely insulting inconvenience for those of us who regularly use firearms for sporting and self-defense purposes.

Your policy is anti-constitutional, anti-American, and does not make your airline safer at all.

I realize that I have a choice when it comes to air travel, and I will never fly on your airline as long as I live.
Feel free to steal and/or adapt any or all of it for your own email/letter to this company.

#12 ·
Their reply to my email, today

Thanks you for contacting USA3000 Airlines. Your comments will be taken under advisement. However, the policy will be enforced passengers are able not able to bring on board any USA3000 aircraft firearms and/or ammunition unless otherwise authorized. Authorized persons examples are as follow: Air Marshall or passengers that represent a government security agency whom have personnel who are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).

Ron London

USA3000 Airlines
Customer Relations

#14 ·
P95Carry said:
Authorized persons examples are as follow: Air Marshall or passengers that represent a government security agency whom have personnel who are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Now I don't like this policy at all, and I won't ever be using this airline but that last statement brings up a question in my mind. When I went through Basic I was told that I am an Airman 24/7, I may not be officially armed 24/7, but I'm still an Airman. Would I be able to check a weapon in? I seriously doubt it, butit would be interesting to find out.

A1C Lickey

#15 ·
A1C Lickey,

Write an email to USA3000 explaining your displeasure with their policy. I just did using some of P95's and Jaltered's email and putting my own twist on it. I also let them know that their policies are apart of an online forum dedicated to CCW and sporting arm's, that word get's around very fast with such forums to thousands upon thousands of like minded people.

USG.

#16 ·
Now y'all know why scooters/pickups are my preferred method of transportation...besides, the seats on most airlines are way to small for comfort anyway, and this is (for me) going to be the straw that broke the camel's back if it spreads to other airlines that I use. Air travel is da**ed inconvenient, to say the least...I get tired of having to take off my boots, emptying my pockets, making my beeper go off, and firing up the computer to prove it's not a bomb. The list of crap you go through goes on...this borders on being ludicrous.

#17 ·
total agreement!

Kompact9 said:
Now y'all know why scooters/pickups are my preferred method of transportation...besides, the seats on most airlines are way to small for comfort anyway, and this is (for me) going to be the straw that broke the camel's back if it spreads to other airlines that I use. Air travel is da**ed inconvenient, to say the least...I get tired of having to take off my boots, emptying my pockets, making my beeper go off, and firing up the computer to prove it's not a bomb. The list of crap you go through goes on...this borders on being ludicrous.
Every time I fly, I sit between a fat man who wants to raise the armrest and flow into my seat and a woman with a screaming baby. Plus, there may be only 2 little kids on the whole plane, but it's a law of physics that one of them will sit behind me and kick my seat the whole flight.

I love flying in a plane (used to fall out of them regularly), but I hate commercial airlines.

#20 ·
P95Carry said:
Anubis - all I can say is - on some of my trans Atlantic flights, I must have had one of your seat reservations you didn't use :icon16:
I feel your pain!

A reply speculating on the ultimate airline security procedures occurred to me, but it would be off-topic for this thread. Maybe I will post it in the "Off Topic and Humor" section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.