Considering a P250

This is a discussion on Considering a P250 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am a huge fan of Sig. I have 2 P229s in .40 and a P239 in .40. I read in several places that after ...

Thread: Considering a P250

Considering a P250

I am a huge fan of Sig. I have 2 P229s in .40 and a P239 in .40. I read in several places that after Katrina the only ammo you could find on the gulf coast was 9mm. So I am going to get a 9mm for my next gun. I am interested in the P250. I would get a .40 barrel and a 9mm. That way I can have one more gun in my favorite chambering and just convert to 9mm if that is all I have available. Also I could by a .45acp slide and barrel cheaper that a new gun. I like the sound of three guns for the price of one and a half/two.

All of this sounds to me like a great idea. However, the concept of a removable triger assembly in an unproven and radical new handgun does not give me the confidence I have in old tried and true designes. But if it works the first time and EVERY time I'm good with it.

What are some of your thoughts on new gun designs that have not spent a couple of decades in the trenches to highlite every failing?-Jay

P.S. If I do get a P250 it would be a safe queen, unless I was completely limited to the 9mm. After one trip to the range to make sure it was not a lemon of course.
    "The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness." -Robert A. Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    The 250 has been discussed here so do a and see what pops up. A better place to look is in the pistol section over at sigforum.com, you can find a wealth of both pros and cons there, and of course more 250 owners.

There will probably be a couple of 250 owners that will respond here also.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Got a good friend who has one... it's a bit weird...

Mainspring is _inside_ of the (hollow) hammer. The entire frame/action/trigger assembly snaps right out of the composite grip. Seems like a solid, though odd, design.

His is accurate, reliable... and fat. Too thick for my hands, but otherwise, an excellent weapon.

I'm not one to jump on the bleeding edge, but I wouldn't be uncomfortable with the p250.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Links