A Family Affair...

A Family Affair...

This is a discussion on A Family Affair... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Several weeks back, we went to visit my oldest daughter in Grant Pass. While there, we went up into the mountains and did a bit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Family Affair...

A Family Affair...

Several weeks back, we went to visit my oldest daughter in Grant Pass. While there, we went up into the mountains and did a bit of blast'n. Here are a few pics of the fun.
    I hope that you enjoy them.

Ron

Yours truly.

My wife.

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

VIP Member
    Nice photos, nice guns, nice ladies.
    +1 on the hearing protection.
    -1 on the eye protection.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Nice photos, nice guns, nice ladies.
    +1 on the hearing protection.
    -1 on the eye protection.
    -1 for no backstop
    -10 on using a LOGGING ROAD WITH A BLIND CURVE as your shooting range Seriously.

VIP Member
    I have too agree with the above posters.

Nice pic's...looks like a great time.
    How often does someone drive up the road you were shooting down?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Shooting down an active road???
    No eye protection???
    Not a very good example being set.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I thought Oregon has a law about shooting from a roadway. You might have been in big trouble had a local sheriff showed up.

Nice pics Ron! I gotta love that MAK90. I thought I saw a Glock in the bed of the truck too. But....as others have posted........whatayadoin shootin' the trees? The eye protection? Figured some would be wearing sunglasses at least....the guys look like they are on beach patrol and the ladies are wearing jackets. Supidat? Hope you all didn't leave all those shotgun hulls in the middle of the road. That's the sort of thing that gives shooters a bad rap. I know you all had fun though.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    I thought Oregon has a law about shooting from a roadway. You might have been in big trouble had a local sheriff showed up.
    Correct, they do. It's ORS 166.630. And they would have been in big trouble.

I find pic #4 to be especially disturbing. Does that young lady have any idea what's behind that curve in the road ahead? There's a side road coming in from her left. Did anybody check to see if there was any traffic on this road?

I have to agree with the other posters. This is totally irresponsible and inexcusable behavior, exactly the kind of black mark that responsible gun owners don't need.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Im too new and too young to do any bashin' but looks like yall had a nice time, wish i had family outings like that!

I do have to say that I am very Jealous of the fact that you had all those people to go shoot with. As a side note, knowing the area that you were shooting at, there probably was no traffic. Let your friends know that they need to find someplace such as an old logging landing to shoot to keep from getting all their firearms confiscated if caught shooting in the road. Besides then they have another excuse to go shooting and get to know the area even better. Any excuse to go out into the hills is a good one.

I say all these things because the area I used to shoot at was closed because someone decided to see if they could knock down trees with shotguns. They destroyed a lot of young trees, and all the people that shot where berms were erected lost their shooting area. The County had set up areas for people to shoot but a few people were irresponsible and the whole area was closed to shooting. On top of that it was published in a major newspaper how irresponsible gun owners were. It looked bad for all, and now I am having a hard time finding a good place to shoot year round. There are a couple of places people go but most of the year it takes a 4 wheel drive to get there.

Grants Pass is a beautifull place. Help your friends and family keep it that way.
    Keep shooting and have a lot of fun.

Gotta agree with everybody else had somebody coming around that corner as you were shooting been hit or felt in fear for their life,you wouldn't have those guns and maybe your CHL would be relieved from you.I report irresponsible ,unsafe, and illegal shooting activities
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well guys, I guess that I am eating a bit of humble pie on this one. After reading your remarks AND thinking about them, I guess we were being a bit careless. We were a very long ways up in the mountains and we saw or heard no body at all. I generally try to be very safe and the last thing I really want to do is break any laws. They had been there shooting before, as it appears MANY others have also. We did clean up our mess. Everyone did have hearing protection, but as you saw, no eye protection. I am just about 50 years old and try my best not to be "irresponsible and unsafe". I guess that I may deserve the tongue lashing received from a couple of you:). I will give more thought next time we go out shooting. THE LAST THING I want is to anything that could be used to give owning a gun another black mark. It is already something that too many would like to take away from us. They do not need any more ammunition.
    Thanks for you comments!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

As a side note, I also enjoy photography and frequent several forums on photography. I posted these same pictures on the forums at dpReview. If you have a bit of time, take a look at this thread. It hit 151 posts since yesterday when I posted it about the same time as I did this post here. It got pretty ugly!!!!
    Here is a link.
    A Family Affair...: Sony SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Pretty incredible.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

jeez ron really racking up the popluarity over on SLR talk :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast