Gift of handgun to 18 year old non-relative

This is a discussion on Gift of handgun to 18 year old non-relative within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by NavyLT Given the choice, Tubby, I will buy from you rather than from . But, seriously, just leave them alone and let ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Gift of handgun to 18 year old non-relative

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Given the choice, Tubby, I will buy from you rather than from . But, seriously, just leave them alone and let them graze in their pastures!
    For a Navy LT...a cheap shot unworthy of your position and rank.

I say press and buy from whomever you want and for whatever reason. If you are taken to task over it being a straw purchase...then fight it and I hope you win. However, my experience has been those that fall on the sword...bleed very heavily.

Rick

2. Remove Ads

FYI...we all hope that you get to give your gift, but this is what you need to think about.
    No matter if you are correct, with paper in hand. You stir up legal with BATF, it might make for a short naval career or crappy fitness report.
    I'm sure this has crossed your mind though.
    Good luck.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    How can you then call people sheeple when you yourself have admitted your own financial interestws took precedent over what you felt was righteuos?

Brownie

Hi Brownie,

It went down like this. I got a ticket for something I did not do. I went to court. I presented my case. I lost. I did not roll over and accept what the cop had to say as fact, I fought it.

At that point I had two choices. I could pay $350+ for an appeal. If I won the appeal, I would get back the $175 fine. I would still be out $275. So in that case, if I won I was going to be out $275, if I lost I was going to be out $525, and to me that price was not worth paying to be able to thumb my nose at some cop who didn't know the proper law to cite me with.

However, let us examine why I equated your bossess decision, not yours (you are an employee), as being ish. The BATFE agent(s) that you are dealing with are telling you something that is against the written interpretation of the law that his bossess in Washington DC have published in the 2005 Federal Firearms Regulation Reference Guide on page 165. Given this fact, your boss is unwilling to write to the Washington DC office and point this fact out in order to have the BATFE agent in question trained as to what his agency has already interpreted. I even offered in a PM for you to send me the agents' names and I would write to the DC Office. That to me is ish.

You know what, some people would call me a for not pursuing my appeal since I still continue to feel that I was correct. And to those people, I say, "BAAAAAA!" But at least I am a with $275 more in my fleece, and you have in your fleece whatever profits you would be out should you find yourself having to fight an action against you. So, yes, you are right, this is a matter of the calling the wool white!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links