Interesting conversation at work today...

This is a discussion on Interesting conversation at work today... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had a woman come into my place of employment to discuss electronics. During the course of the conversation, found out she had been assaulted ...

Thread: Interesting conversation at work today...

Interesting conversation at work today...

I had a woman come into my place of employment to discuss electronics. During the course of the conversation, found out she had been assaulted twice while going to her garage so she moved. I mentioned she should take measures to be able to defend herself. She said she had been pondering a gun purchase. The conversation moved towards brands and calibers to consider. We discussed a Glock 19 or a .38 revolver. Talked about the pros and cons of each. I told her of a range near by that actually had both guns she could rent and try. I told her both calibers were a good choice, but that I preferred 9mm and the Glock 19. She asked why and I explained my reasons. She told me she was going to that range and try them both out.. I think our ranks are going to increase by one very soon.

2. Remove Ads

Good Job! getting the facts out.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I saw a woman at the range who was looking at guns. She asked me, what type & caliber of gun I had. I told her and showed it to her. She said "I think I like revolvers a lot more, because I don't have to do all of that " (open the slide, load the mag, etc). I advised her to go shoot a few with someone who knew the guns, and if she didn't know someone I would be glad to show her the pro's and con's of them.

She kept talking revolvers, and as I told her... one thing about them.... when you pull the trigger they go boom, are easy to load if you aren't used to guns, but usually have less shots in them. That was the advantage of semi-autos.

We talked a bit, and she seemed to be glad to get some straight answers. She was also trying to see if the shop / range folks were feeding her with a lot of bull. I told her, these folks will lead you the right way and not lead you wrong (they wouldn't). She talked then with the folks there and went to shoot a couple of different guns, and they were going to instruct her.....

cool beans ! Now which of you has a new girlfriend ?
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Great...KY and KS will hopefully become one CCW'er safer, each...in the near future.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links