Talk me out of this..

This is a discussion on Talk me out of this.. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by snuggles Unless you can shoot all three at the same time it's not worth it - no one should have more than ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk me out of this..

Quote Originally Posted by snuggles View Post
    Unless you can shoot all three at the same time it's not worth it - no one should have more than two guns......

did I talk you out of it??

on a side note - guy that works at a local shop here has one of those with CT grips on em, says he found it used for $500. needless to say, I was jealous.

Completely rational.. However, I've already turned that corner, as this would be my 5th pistol.

Also, I'm jealous as well. 500 smackers is dirt cheap. The grips alone run what? $300? Using that math makes the pistol practically free.
    I work to buy guns. Not really, but sometimes it feels that way..

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    I initially wanted a SIG 1911, but got talked out of it. Apparently, the external extractor has issues and something else breaks often in them.
    The extractor problems were on the early model SIG 1911's. I have a 1911 RCS. Going on 1000 rounds now, more accurate than I am and no problems from it at all, just plain sweet to shoot.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

All things in moderation, ESPECIALLY MODERATION!

Gotta' love the 1911 (it's a man-law)
    Gotta' love SIGs (it's common sense)

Buy the pistol, now would be good!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Heimer View Post
    OK. I've had 2 new pistols follow me home in as many months.. BUT! None of them were a full size 1911.. I already have a compact SA 1911 that is great, but I'm looking to possibly get into some competitive shooting and would really like a full size..

So this is what I've been eyeing.. Sig 1911..

I need some solid reasons as to why I can't let this beauty follow me home!!
    I'd like to help you out here, but I can't think of one reason not to bring it home!

Stay armed...go for it...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

OK. I've had 2 new pistols follow me home in as many months.. BUT! None of them were a full size 1911.. I already have a compact SA 1911 that is great, but I'm looking to possibly get into some competitive shooting and would really like a full size..

So this is what I've been eyeing.. Sig 1911..

I need some solid reasons as to why I can't let this beauty follow me home!!
    That's about the same as I originally thought I'd want. I went with the SIG P220 SAO instead. There's a thread going on the P220 right now matter of fact!
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-sig-p220.html

My wife made me choose between my tricked out AR-15 or my sig 220 when i bought the sig but didn't tell her about it. I wouldn't think twice if I were single though!
    "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There won't
    be any AMERICA left because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
    women and breed a hardier race!"
    -Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Just another mouth to feed.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

It called to you; it is your duty to buy it, love it, feed it and keep it in the manner to which it is accustomed..
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Ok, this is what I was after. Any more info on those issues you could provide? Or are you just pulling my chain?
    No. I'm not pulling your chain. A friend bought me my first 1911 and had me pick it out. I researched 1911s and my studies found that people didn't think that the SIGs were quality so I chose otherwise.

Another user here has said that those issues have been corrected. Take it as you will.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

While not a big fan of external extrators,(really bad luck with a couple of Kimbers) Sig may have gotten it right this time.

If you buy the pistol and have doubts about taking it home right away you may leave it at my place for..................lets say ....the next decade or so.

You guys are really no help I swear!!

I think I've found one thing to slow me up a bit. Capacity. Being that this will be a range gun width will play no factor since it won't be concealed. Just needs to fit my hand well. I've never handled a double stack 1911, so it's time to head to the gun shop for some fondling!
    I work to buy guns. Not really, but sometimes it feels that way..

[QUOTE=Heimer;889357]You guys are really no help I swear!!

You came to the wrong place for help!!!!!

Resistance is futile, you have been assimilated!!

Wait till your GF decides she wants one of yours!!!

How about

There are other Sigs that are better? I get it, you're looking for a 1911 and I'm blaspheming here to suggest that it isn't the end-all-beat-all in handguns. Dogpilers, have your way on that one.

How about THIS...
    Attached Images
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links