Drunk Dreamer post

This is a discussion on Drunk Dreamer post within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I admit to a little too much um, adult beverage tonight. But I am daydreaming more and more of the humungus revolver I saw at ...

Thread: Drunk Dreamer post

Drunk Dreamer post

I admit to a little too much um, adult beverage tonight.
    But I am daydreaming more and more of the humungus revolver I saw at the gun shop this week...I mean that sucker is HUGE! Would take two strong hands just to get it in the air. I have no idea of the caliber, but that sucker musta had a kick to it,looked like it was an inch diameter barrel. Tell a newbie to calm down and get a grip. I really need a beginner 22 pistol, I know.
    Ah but that Clint Eastwood thing, seemed like it had some beautiful history behind it.

2. Remove Ads

It must serve a purpose, be reasonable to fire regularly (reasonable ammo costs), able to CCW (unless you have lots of cash)...

So many guns...so little money and time!

Stay armed...always room for one more in the safe...safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

humungus
    Must = humongous? See? My spell checker IS working! So.....was it a 460 Ruger.....or maybe a 500 S&W? Maybe it just looked large and you needed two hands to hold it steady? Are you looking at your hands now? I figured as much. Tomorrow things will look differently. Trust me.

One thing I gotta say here It's okay to drink and dream but I would highly suggest after partaking of enough beverages to be woozy that you keep the firearms locked up.I don't know how many AD shootings we've read about where alcohol was probably a factor in the shooting,somebody starts showing off a big gun and before you know it somebody else shows there gun and then all of a sudden bang,the report says I was cleaning it and it just went off
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

DC Founder
    Are you sure the size wasn't being magnified through the glass of the bottle?
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Probably a Smith and Wesson .500 Mag. They're big, no doubt. I can't tell you how many I've seen for sale, used, with a half box of shells. Or even better with a full box of shells, less one. They do kick pretty hard, but I shot it with full house loads and I didn't even weigh 150 lbs at the time. It's all a matter of technique.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

I say..... if it was a woman you were looking at when you were drunk, she ain't gonna look that good when you sober up. However, the revolver will still be beautiful.

I have a Dan Wesson .44 mag with a 6" barrel, and it looks huge compared to the rest of my handguns. It even seems large next to my Ruger Super Blackhawk. Needless to say, the DW isn't one of my CC guns. Heck, I wouldn't even want to open carry it on my hip. I do, however enjoy shooting it and one day, I hope to take a whitetail buck with it.

I was looking at a pistole at the gun shop in Barling that took 410 shotgun or I think it said 45 long colt. Very large hole at end of very short barrel.

Has anyone else seen and fired one of those 45-70 revolvers hand made by a guy in Evansville,In? A buddy of mine has one. Let me assure you it is a REAL handfull to shoot. Beautiful gun, but not very practical.

You may have been looking at a new JUDGE revolver. Pretty large pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Probably a Smith and Wesson .500 Mag. They're big, no doubt. I can't tell you how many I've seen for sale, used, with a half box of shells. Or even better with a full box of shells, less one. They do kick pretty hard, but I shot it with full house loads and I didn't even weigh 150 lbs at the time. It's all a matter of technique.
    Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

Links