AWB - Page 2

AWB

This is a discussion on AWB within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Can someone that read the bill explain to me whether it prohibits the sale of upper receivers? Because if that's not the case then I'll ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AWB

Can someone that read the bill explain to me whether it prohibits the sale of upper receivers? Because if that's not the case then I'll stock up on lowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    All sponsors are Republicans. What are they thinking and who are voting these people to power?
    Look at where they are from. IL NJ CT DE FL, the Florida person might have trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by niss View Post
    I just got done putting together my AR lower (dpms) with a kit from Model1 last week, and am very happy with the fit and finish of the kit. A friend that helped me put it together who owns a few AR's himself was impressed with the kit as well and how solid the gun felt once together. I am sure you will be quite happy with it.
    That's good to hear, I ordered the standard A2 from Model 1 with the SS 20" barrel to go with the Double Star lower I got in the group buy, of course with everything that was banned before.
    $78.00 for the lower and $510.00 for the kit. $588.00 well spent.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by nami View Post
    Can someone that read the bill explain to me whether it prohibits the sale of upper receivers? Because if that's not the case then I'll stock up on lowers.
    On AR15s, the lower receiver is the part that has the serial number and is considered the 'firearm'. There is nothing in the bill prohibiting the sale of upper receivers.

The link is right here, and it's a short read: GovTrack: H.R. 6257: Text of Legislation, Introduced in House

-B

Administrator
    Door to Door confiscation?
    I seriously doubt that would ever happen.
    I would at least buy your lower and magazines if you cannot afford a complete rifle right now.
    Get your lower and mags Grandfathered in.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

As mentioned before, even if a new AWB doesn't go through, the day that Obama is voted in, speculators are going to drive the price of previously banned items through the roof.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Administrator
    You can take that to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    As mentioned before, even if a new AWB doesn't go through, the day that Obama is voted in, speculators are going to drive the price of previously banned items through the roof.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links