Had a "BLAST" at the range tonight!

This is a discussion on Had a "BLAST" at the range tonight! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; First let me say, I am now a big fan of Blazer Brass ammo! Shot great and EXTREMELY CLEAN! Bought some on a whim at ...

First let me say, I am now a big fan of Blazer Brass ammo! Shot great and EXTREMELY CLEAN! Bought some on a whim at the Wally World since I had tried WWB a few weeks prior and found it to be amazingly dirty.. I had heard some scuttle about Blazer ammo, but hey, for 14 bucks a box I figured a really couldn't go wrong; and I didn't!

Anyhow, just wanted to post up some targets for your viewing pleasure. I've been very happy with how quickly I've improved with more range time. Becoming a member of a 24hour pistol club has been one of the most rewarding decisions I've ever made. Although, exspensive!! Anyways, on to the pics! All targets shot at 30 feet with a Taurus 24/7 Pro .45, and a SIG P6(last target).

This is the best group I've ever shot. 3 shots fired, 1 hole. I was using a rest but standing straight up. I shot it this way because when I first arrived at the range I was having some grouping issues, and my instinct was to blame the gun! So I tried to take me out of the equation, and sure enough it wasn't the gun!

After shooting a few more targets I had come to realize I was having a hard time aiming precisely with the black circled target. So, I found some lead and drew myself a smaller dot that I would be able to focus on easier. Super happy with this 6 shot group.

This target was fired at a pretty good click. I would'nt call it rapid fire quite yet, but it was as close as I'll attempt at my skill level.

Here's one of the P6. I shot some really great groups with it but not as good as what I did with my 24/7. The gun is a super sweet shooter, but it's new to me. With more practice with it I'm pretty sure I'll shoot better with it that my 24/7.. or my 1911.. This was shot pretty darn fast. The 9mm was very very easy to handle. Looking forward to getting better sights(instead of flat black) in the future..

And since I'm on a posting spree already, here's a few targets I shot with the club president with his pistols a few weeks back. A super sweet kimber 1911 with CT grips, and a SW .357 snubbie, also with CT grips. Same distance.

5 Shots with his brand spanking new Kimber in SS. Very nice gun. The CT grips made it too easy.

Not sure if the snub had a trigger job.. But it was scary light. Actually had a bit of an AD! Luckily it hit paper and was on target, but I had only meant to bring my finger inside the trigger guard.. NOT touch off a round!!

I really need to start reloading, because for as much fun as I'm having I can really see myself spending way too much money on ammo in the future.. It's just too hard to resist when the range is only a mile or so from my house!

Hope yall enjoyed these pics. Looking forward to any critiqueing and tips!
    I work to buy guns. Not really, but sometimes it feels that way..

Very nice! 10yds is a good range to practice at. I'll usually shoot 10-15yds at 9" paper plates. I've been shooting the Blazer Brass lately, the 9mm, 40S&W, and the 45acp, and I'll have to agree with you on what you've said about it. Both of my go-to Wal Marts in the area are stocking it now. Sort of wish that would come in 100rd boxes for an even better price though. Glad you had a good time at the range.

Most SD will be within 10 yards closer to the 5-7 yard,I probably shoot 2/3 of my shots 10yds or under
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I think 'you've got the hang of it'...
    I agree with shooting the closer distance 3-7 yards...any BG target farther away? Run...

Stay armed...practice...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I think 'you've got the hang of it'...
    I agree with shooting the closer distance 3-7 yards...any BG target farther away? Run...

Stay armed...practice...stay safe!
    Agreed...and kudos for practicing.

Rick

I'm not trying to hijack this thread.... Went to Dicks Sporting goods yesterday, not sure if was sale or normal price. About $9 a box (qty 10 or more) for Remington 115 gr, 9mm. Then had some $10 off coupons, they took multiple coupons off.

reloading is definately cheaper. don't know what the price of everything is in your area but we lucked out here and a member of the range my buddies and i go to casts bullets so we get 500 .45 230 grain for $34 don't have to pay shipping or anything and we save brass and pick up as much as we can find. we estimate our costs for 100 rnds to be between $11-13 bucks. but then again we bought 8 lbs of powder 2 years ago so it might be a little higher now. happy shooting.

Links