GSG-5?

GSG-5?

This is a discussion on GSG-5? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone out there own or fired a gsg-5? It looks like a fun little plinker. I am thinking about getting one, but does anyone know ...

Thread: GSG-5?

GSG-5?

Anyone out there own or fired a gsg-5? It looks like a fun little plinker. I am thinking about getting one, but does anyone know if they are good quality? Anyone fire one? The cheap .22 ammo prices have got me thinking this would be a fun little gun.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

I haven't been able to get my hands on one, but everything I have read about them has been very positive. The only problems I have heard of were with the cheap bulk ammo, but the reviews were still positive.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I have one of the first ones out. Its a lot of fun althought I have about 10,000 rounds through mine and now its acting up. Mine will be going back to American Tactical Imports to see what can be done. I can generally only shoot about 3 shots through mine before it doesn't work.

Its pretty ammo picky; however, the best ammo by far for the gun is the 550 round value packs at Wally World from Federal. MAKE SURE it shooting High velocity ammo through it.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    I bought one Saturday.............I went to a gun store to get some shot-shells........

Some guy had bought it & a couple of other firearms a few weeks earlier. Unlucky for him, he over extended himself....so he brought a couple back to the dealer for them to sell for him.

Long story short.....got it like new with TWO magazines for $425. Only thing missing was the original box.

Fun gun......I've already put about 300 rounds thru. A couple of stovepipe jams, but flawless other than that.

the only thing that would improve it.....is a suppressor!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I have not heard of a GSG-5
    anybody got a photo?
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. After reading the comments, I went ahead and ordered one. It was brand new for 505 total shipped. Not a bad deal. Here is a stock photo, cant take a pic yet as I just purchased it and don't have it in my hands yet. Not a self defense gun by any means. I am not a black rifle kinda guy, but this looks like a fun little thing to take to the range.
    Attached Images
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

I own one and they are fun to shoot,very close resemblance to a HK mp5
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

In these times of high ammo prices, it gives you a lot of shooting fun for a minimum cost.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Gah.. There's another one I gotta add to "the list".

The MP5 is easily my most favorite firearm of all time. Better yet is the MP5SD.

If I ever should get rich enough.. I WILL be moving to a C3 state and purchasing one!
    I work to buy guns. Not really, but sometimes it feels that way..

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    My little brother just recently bought one of these. He loves it, and I have shot it a bit. It is quite accurate even with ironsights, and he has taken it out to decent range...50-75yds, I think. So far we have shot maybe 2-3000 rounds out of it and it has proven quite reliable.

The magazines also have a little loading button that makes them easy to load. Even my mom with bad arthritis in her fingers who cannot load any of my pistol magazines has no problem loading the GSG-5 magazines.

One caveat is that the finish on the fake 'silencer' barrel appears to be easy to damage.

Personally, I do think it is a little silly and would rather have a 10/22, but to each his own. My bro certainly enjoys it, and that's what counts
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Personally, I do think it is a little silly and would rather have a 10/22, but to each his own. My bro certainly enjoys it, and that's what counts
    I would have to agree with ya, you can buy a brand new 10/22, for about $220, then you can purchase a variety of stocks that look pretty sweet for about $150. Plus, with the 10/22 you have the 75 round bannana clips that seem to never run out! but like GWredGragon said "to each his own!"
    "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There won't
    be any AMERICA left because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
    women and breed a hardier race!"
    -Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrmydeadbdy View Post
    I would have to agree with ya, you can buy a brand new 10/22, for about $220, then you can purchase a variety of stocks that look pretty sweet for about $150. Plus, with the 10/22 you have the 75 round bannana clips that seem to never run out! but like GWredGragon said "to each his own!"
    75 round banana clips?I've seen 25 ,30 and 50 rounders
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Wow, 75 rounds?! I have to get me some of those...biggest I have seen is 30!
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I stand corrected, there 75 round banana clips for the AK's and only 50 rounds for the ruger 10/22. my apologies.
    "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There won't
    be any AMERICA left because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
    women and breed a hardier race!"
    -Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Sponsored Links