This has been on my mind. Not really that important

This is a discussion on This has been on my mind. Not really that important within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So we have SA DAO SA/DA pistols but I can't think of any DA or DAO rifles (revolvers with long barrels don't count). Just something ...

Thread: This has been on my mind. Not really that important

This has been on my mind. Not really that important

So we have SA DAO SA/DA pistols but I can't think of any DA or DAO rifles (revolvers with long barrels don't count). Just something that's been rolling around in my head. For all intents and purposes AR's an AK's are SA since there is no second strike capability on a "dud" round. And that's about all my experience with rifles not of the bolt configuration. Can anyone think of a DA rifle? Again just curious.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I can't think of any rifles but years ago I believe Mossberg came out with a DA version of their 500 series shotguns. It was developed for law enforcement. They considered the very possibility of an officer running with a shotgun in a high stress situation. The officer might have racked a round in the chamber and forgot the safety. The DA version was made to lessen the chance of an accidental discharge. I don't know how well the project was received. I haven't seen any of them on the street.

Thanks for the info. At least I can keep that one from rolling around in my head.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Links