Happy as a clam...

This is a discussion on Happy as a clam... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As we were coming home from dropping her car off at the Hyundai dealer to get a remote starter installed she turned to me and ...

Thread: Happy as a clam...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Happy as a clam...

As we were coming home from dropping her car off at the Hyundai dealer to get a remote starter installed she turned to me and said; "Do they do that handgun safety course at the gun store?" I replied; Yes. And then she tells me to stop on the way home so she can sign up. She attends her course next week!

Here in WNY (Erie County) it will likely take about 10 months to 1 year to get her CCW but at least the process has begun.

She is but a wee thing, standing a mere 4' 10" and all of 100 pounds soaking wet. Any suggestions for a EDC for her? I have suggested that she carry on her person at all times but she is a pretty girly-girl and just isn't dressed for combat (thank God). I have to make concessions so I told her purse carry is ok when she is wearing a skirt or blouse.

Let me hear your thoughts. BTW: I have already bought an LCP and it is just to harsh for her.

2. Remove Ads

She is a wee thing, my wife is 5'3" @ 105lbs. Took her to the range to try different handguns. She liked the 642 but not after she fired it, settled on the M&P 9c. Wears it in a simple Don Hume OWB at 4 O'Clock, comfortable for her and that's what it's all about. Make it about her, more choices the better, take her to the range and be patient.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

If she can't carry on her waist for whatever reason, don't forget about shoulder holster. You can see it modeled with a cover garment in Lima's holster series on youtube: YouTube - Holster Talk Part 1 (That's part 1. You can follow the links to watch the other parts)

VIP Member
    I think a fifty desert eagle would be about right. :)

Or a .380, 9mm or .38.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Kahr CW9 or similar single stack 9mm might be a good choice. Does her wardrobe offer a lot of options that include a belt?

The first thing big guys do is recommend an Airweight snubby. Probably one of the harshest shooting handguns around. NOT what I'd start a petite new shooter on. My daughters have been through my vast collection, and both have settled with a G19. Much easier to shoot than the smaller G26, but not that much harder to conceal. I'd recommend her to check out Cornered Cat - Table of Contents
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    OP here: I was thinking I could get her to look at the Walther P99c in 9MM. It looks small and I already have a Walther PPS that I am very fond of because it has been flawless. In addition, I also have a Walther P22 which will replicate the feel of the P99 almost perfectly. I will have her grope one when we go back to the store for her NRA safety course.

Links