Interview with police chief tomorrow - Page 2

Interview with police chief tomorrow

This is a discussion on Interview with police chief tomorrow within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Another hurdle gone...now for your CCW permit......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interview with police chief tomorrow

Another hurdle gone...now for your CCW permit...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glad it went well...

Now. Join the Armed Citizens Self Defense Network.

You DO want the CD's that come with the membership. They are a good overview of use of force laws.

For some situations, there are simply no good alternatives to the appropriate tool:
    • Fire -- a fire extinguisher.
    • Flat tire -- a spare tire.
    • Calling for assistance, where assistance can actually help -- telephone.
    • Injury -- tourniquet, bandages, antiseptic.
    • Attack, when it's unknown what weapon is about to be deployed against you -- firearm, and the knowledge of how to use it. This is the real-life, ultimate form of Rock/Paper/Scissors, with life-or-death results if you cannot withstand the attack. In a very real sense, the firearm is the ultimate safety tool (against predation).

The list goes on.

IMO, the most-important and irrefutable reason for having the ability to defend is this: protection of your life and the lives of your family members. Can't do that without proper, effective tools that are used correctly.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Another hurdle gone...now for your CCW permit...

Oh I forgot to mention. I got my town one today. It was actually dated Sat 11-8. State police barracks was open til 7 tonight so went after work and got my state permit. WOO HOO!.

I hope to find time this weekend to use the free hour of range time I got when I took my NRA course. Then I'll pick a gun I want to rent and take the beginner's course either next weekend or next month.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Glad it went well...

Now. Join the Armed Citizens Self Defense Network.

You DO want the CD's that come with the membership. They are a good overview of use of force laws.

I'll check them out. I already joined NRA and GOA a few months ago.

VIP Member
    Good deal I'm glad it went so well for You.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    You'd like to join, but you need a permit to carry to be able to buy a pistol in the State of CT.
    Not true. There's also the eligibility certificate. That said, I'm glad I didn't have to do anything beyond what the state requires. One set of prints and that was the only officer I had to deal with. Be glad you didn't have to provide 3 non-family letters of references like some towns do like Bridgeport and New London. Got my temporary permit in 4 weeks, which is not too shabby, especially when I've seen horror stories of people in Bridgeport waiting for over a year!

Quote Originally Posted by unisonic12 View Post
    Not true. There's also the eligibility certificate. That said, I'm glad I didn't have to do anything beyond what the state requires. One set of prints and that was the only officer I had to deal with. Be glad you didn't have to provide 3 non-family letters of references like some towns do like Bridgeport and New London. Got my temporary permit in 4 weeks, which is not too shabby, especially when I've seen horror stories of people in Bridgeport waiting for over a year!
    Hush...Most police don't even know about the eligibility certifcate...

When I talked to the State Police they said about 20 people have them, so they aren't all that common.

And yes, bridgeport is terrible. My permit took 18 months in 2000.

VIP Member
    I think to get a eligibility certificate You have to take the same steps as You would to get a Pistol Permit.

You do.

It takes the same requirements but you can't carry the weapon.

Thus, they are almost never requested.

But, the eligibility certificate does exist and that is another way to buy a handgun in CT without wanting the privilege of carrying. That said, I don't understand why anyone would want it when you basically have to do the same things for the full carry permit. Can't even go to the range with the eligibility certificate.

Here's a question. Can someone without either legally do a FTF handgun transfer if the seller (with permit) physically goes to the purchaser's house to do the transaction? I know there's still paperwork and you'd have to call it in, but you don't need anything to have the handgun legally in the house. Same as when I drove into CT and straight to my house. Nothing needed as long as they were transported accordingly.

Here's a question. Can someone without either legally do a FTF handgun transfer if the seller (with permit) physically goes to the purchaser's house to do the transaction? I know there's still paperwork and you'd have to call it in, but you don't need anything to have the handgun legally in the house. Same as when I drove into CT and straight to my house. Nothing needed as long as they were transported accordingly.
    No. Once you fill out the DPS-3-C form and call for the sale authorization number, the State Police wants a Permit # for the buyer.

No permit number, no authorization number.

No authorization number, seller still is responsible for the handgun and has given it to someone who is not allowed under state law to posess a handgun; buyer is in posession of a handgun which is not registered to him and is not allowed to posess this weapon without a permit.

This = BAD for you, but Good for me as a lawyer.

Yes. I am a buzzard, and I love being me...

Someone transporting a pistol through the state as per CT & Federal law is neither carrying it ready for use nor transfering it to anyone, and thus does not need a permit.

Once you decide you are going to stop your journey and stay around to see the pretty trees, eat dinner or so forth you are illegally in posession of a handgun without a permit if you do not have a permit to carry or an eligibility certificate.

Thanks for the clarification. You said you can't possess a weapon without a permit? What about having them in your home because you brought them in from out of state when moving to CT?

Thanks for the clarification. You said you can't possess a weapon without a permit? What about having them in your home because you brought them in from out of state when moving to CT?
    That is an exception to the law, provided they are transported into CT as "household goods" and not acquired here.

Rifles and shotguns are not a problem, but pistols and revolvers are not allowed to be purchased, transfered to or carried by people who do not have a permit.

"If you get pulled over tell passengers to sit still and make officer aware of gun and where it is located."
    Is this a suggestion by the Chief? I had thought in Ct. you didn't have to declare?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links