Texas gun stores reported a huge surge in sales

This is a discussion on Texas gun stores reported a huge surge in sales within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.nbcdfw.com/syndication?id...ctions%2Flocal Texas gun stores reported a huge surge in sales following the presidential election. Watch Video Gun Store Owner Sees Post-Election "Run on Guns" close ...

Thread: Texas gun stores reported a huge surge in sales

Texas gun stores reported a huge surge in sales

http://www.nbcdfw.com/syndication?id...ctions%2Flocal

Texas gun stores reported a huge surge in sales following the presidential election.
    Watch Video

Gun Store Owner Sees Post-Election "Run on Guns"
    close

"It's incredible," said DeWayne Irwin, president of Cheaper Than Dirt, a Fort Worth gun shop.

On Wednesday, the day after Sen. Barack Obama was elected president, sales topped $100,000 -- a record.

Irwin said employees are having a hard time keeping the shelves stocked, and prices on some models have shot up $200 almost overnight.

"It's a run on guns for the simple fact that Obama did win," Irwin said. "And people perceive him as a Democrat, a liberal. (They think) 'They're going to come get our guns.'"

"That's the reason I'm here," said customer James McIntosh, of North Richland Hills. "Everybody is freaking out, worried about what will happen."

Obama's official Web site says he supports the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, but adds he also favors "common-sense" restrictions, such as making guns childproof and better tracking of guns sold at gun shows.

Obama also supports making the now-expired ban on assault weapons permanent.

"Such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets," Obama's Web site says.

Irwin, the gun store president, now sells assault weapons.

"It's good for business now, but I foresee in the future we are going to have to change our business because we won't be able to sell these," Irwin said, pointing to a number of assault rifles on the wall.

He said gun sales first started shooting up a few weeks ago when it appeared likely Obama would win.

Cheaper Than Dirt sold a million dollars in guns in October, more than double the normal amount, Irwin said.

2. Remove Ads

Yeah baby, we'll stimulate the economy our own way.

I went to the Bullet Trap in Plano the other day, still many in stock and same prices as before. Gunmaster in Plano yesterday still has the same prices but their stock is shrinking, and it took me 10 minutes to find the .40 ammo. They all had grins on their faces, it's nice to see happy gun store employees.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Gun show at Big Town in Dallas, Texas tomorrow. I'm bettin the panic buys will be going on.I'll be there with cash in hand.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Gun show at Big Town in Dallas, Texas tomorrow. I'm bettin the panic buys will be going on.I'll be there with cash in hand.
    What time is it, and where can I go to find out the schedules for future shows?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Wow, it has been about 12 years since I made the trip over there for the show at Big Town. About how many tables are they running now?

The main thing that sticks in my mind from the last show I went to there was watching a young hip hop looking male with unfit clothing walk up to private sales table lay down cash money for an AR with several mags, strap it over his shoulder and walk back out of the show.

My brother did call me yesterday and said while he was up in my neck of the woods he stopped by a place I buy some guns and looked at what they had. He said they seemed a little pricey, and after talking to him I didn't find them too far off. Since he has an Acadamy near where he lives I checked their prices and told him that he would be better off buying closer to home to save some money. Assuming they have them in stock I guess.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    most gun show schedules are shown in the American Rifleman (NRA) magazine, well in advance.

Sales up

Sales up here also.......Some dealers claiming 60-70 % increase in sales. CCW is up in this state also (FL). One local gun dealer (part of a nationwide chain) claimed over $100K in sales in a week and a half.

Same here in Arkansas!

Well boys, it's all good news...55 million gun owners, and only 240 million more to go...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links