Nightline Tonight 11/07/08

This is a discussion on Nightline Tonight 11/07/08 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just saw a preview about tonights Nightline. A report on how gun sales are going through the roof recently. I wonder to what they will ...

Thread: Nightline Tonight 11/07/08

Just saw a preview about tonights Nightline. A report on how gun sales are going through the roof recently. I wonder to what they will attribute the reason.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

VIP Member
    I loved the anchor's last comment: "Meanwhile, the stockpiling of deadly weapons continues." His facial expression, reflecting loathing and disgust for the benighted masses who are purchasing those firearms, was truly heartwarming (sarcasm).
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    They're not stockpiling "deadly weapons", they are stockpiling "self-defense guns".
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

That last statement really got me too. Just goes to show the different perspectives of the viewers of the report. I was almost clapping in celebration at the things being said by the people interviewed at the gun store. But an anti watching the same report would react much like the anchor did at the end.
    Did you notice they said the Cheaper than Dirt Gun Store in Texas had sold $100,000 worth of guns and ammo every day since the election? And could have sold twice that much if they could have stocked the merchandise

You can watch the episode here:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/

In the video above, the final comment by the anchor that is mentioned in the other posts is edited out.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

Administrator
    The people working at ABC News had better start stockpiling cans of food because if their ratings & viewership drop down much lower they will all be out of work and standing in the Free Soup line soon.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    Its all about perspective.

Some people hear that CTD sold 100K of guns and think, "Oh my,what is the world coming too?"and then they roll over and go back to sleep.

Others think. "Cool, I wish I had the money to get some"

and still others think,
    "Better safe than sorry, we need to get some more, it wont be long until we need them".
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

The firearms industry should be sending letters of thanks to Obama for his effect on re-energizing sales. Who says the economy is suffering? Profits are up for firearm manufacturers, gun shops, and ammunition suppliers.

Oh look, ABC Nightline outsourced the anchor job. LOL

They must really be trying to save overhead.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The people working at ABC News had better start stockpiling cans of food because if their ratings & viewership drop down much lower they will all be out of work and standing in the Free Soup line soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckE View Post
    Oh look, ABC Nightline outsourced the anchor job. LOL

They must really be trying to save overhead.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Those crazy gun nuts out there. What do they need all those guns and ammo for?

Glock 32 (357 sig)

Hopefully all the money the gun manufacturers are pulling in they will direct some of it to the NRA and other entities who can sustain or advance our cause.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I refuse to join in the buying frenzy. My new Glock and Sig556 were planned long ago as were the 24 new 30 round mags from CProducts. (CDNN furnished the Glock mags)

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I am glad I bought my guns earlier this year and last year. Everyone else seems to wait until the last minute to buy anything. Then they get mad when demand far exceeds supply. I would like to buy myself another Kalashnikov rifle, or maybe a stripped AR lower, but I'm pretty sure that would be difficult to do at this time. I'm happy with my two evil rifles, and my handguns.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Links