C&R forms

C&R forms

This is a discussion on C&R forms within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone requested the form required to apply for the C&R license recently? Last week I requested an application packet along with the state laws ...

Thread: C&R forms

C&R forms

Has anyone requested the form required to apply for the C&R license recently? Last week I requested an application packet along with the state laws handbook and a few other things and got everything but the C&R application form. According to the receipt included in the packer the form is in back order. Is this normal?
    Mossberg 500A
    Savage 93R17 FV
    Ruger P95DC

VIP Member
    My form came with the packet.

You can't go online and download the form from the ATF?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Lead Moderator
    Like everything else gun related they probably ran out thanks to the election panic.

As for downloading the form I haven't checked, but it is sort of a multi-part form, but if it's available I guess you could. Did you order the forms over the web?

When I did my C&R earlier this year I found out there is now also a requirement for a proof of legal residency type form that was fairly new thing, make sure you have that form also (it IS available for download).
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Rstickle, you wouldn't happen to know how that proof of legal residency work for military?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    Rstickle, you wouldn't happen to know how that proof of legal residency work for military?
    Sorry I don't since I'm retired military.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure what they do for military since the number of the FFL you get is location coded to state and county through it's license number, and if you move you get a new number when you change address (assuming you change county or state). I'd suggest checking the ATF web site for a phone number and check with ATF directly.
    Rick

I guess I'll have to. Thanks anyways.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Called ATF today. They said they ran out of forms and one will be automatically sent as soon as they get in. They also said there is no PDF version available online. I guess I'll have to wait.
    Mossberg 500A
    Savage 93R17 FV
    Ruger P95DC

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    I guess I'll have to. Thanks anyways.
    Thinking more about your question, there really isn't any "proof", you fill out the forms and ATF mails the FFL to the address on your form. I was surprised that the application form doesn't even require notarization.

The problem might be if all you have is a military address or PO Box. Also if you buy weapons they will be sent to THE address on your FFL. I think that may be part of the checks and balances.

Sorry this didn't dawn on me in the last answer.
    Rick

Senior Moderator
    All I had to do for the proof of citizenship form is declare that I am a US citizen. It required no proof.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

B52
    Mine C&R took a little over a month to get. You are gonna love it and the discounts you get. Nothing like getting a gun from UPS to the house!

Links