Realistic opinions on O's tax on weapons and ammo.

This is a discussion on Realistic opinions on O's tax on weapons and ammo. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Ram Rod The possibilities of future taxes on ammo is feeding the frenzy. Now that's power folks.....no single person in the world ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Realistic opinions on O's tax on weapons and ammo.

VIP Member

Power of the market place

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    The possibilities of future taxes on ammo is feeding the frenzy. Now that's power folks.....no single person in the world should hold that much power over their fellow human beings. It's just not right.
    Isn't that the power of the market place; panics happen all the time in "free" markets. There is panic buying and panic selling; part of the game, and not a nice part of it either.

The panic has not come from one fellow human being. It has come from, what I pointed out earlier, an illogical form of mind reading. "Everyone" thinks they know the future, even though not one word has been said by any politician on the subject.

Sometimes, panic buying is followed by panic selling--- there may be gun show bargains galore down the road.

2. Remove Ads

Yeah it does seem a bit premature all this fear based buying.
    My shelves are bare and resupply is a ways off. Distributors are in the same boat. Im hearing of shops doing 100K a day when they normally do that a month.

Seems like the Democratic sweep has likely provided the gun community with a stimulus package.

As for the 500% tax increase - that thought has been floating among gun control advocates for years. Obama's record indicates its not an unknown concept to him.
    I call it the Chris Rock method - one of his routines explained the best way to eliminate drive by's was to make a bullet cost 5K. You the had to ask yourself, how much do I want to kill that [Edited].

Personally I dont see it ever getting there. An assault ban - yes but right now I dont see a restrictive tax on ammunition.
    I do see manufacturers running scared already. Federal and Winchester are restricting deliveries of "duty ammo" - we'll see how long that lasts.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; November 16th, 2008 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    No votes will come from the following delegates:

Alaska, Arizona, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Idaho, New Hapshire, Vermont, Texas, New Mexico, Miss, Missouri, Oklahoma, both Dakotas, Utah, Nevada, Colorado. The majority vote simply is not there. And certainly the 60 votes to block a filibuster won't be there.
    Hahahaha. Plenty of votes will come from Vermont. Vermont is in a struggle between the old guard of conservatives and a flood of liberals moving in, just like most states*. The liberals outnumber the conservatives there, now.

That's only 34...

*Forced indoctrination in schools will be the end of us.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Hahahaha. Plenty of votes will come from Vermont.
    Votes for what? Is there a pending piece of legislation I am unaware of?

*Forced indoctrination in schools will be the end of us.
    Are the schools indoctrinating people to be against guns? The schools have been teaching liberal values but still the 'end of us' is not in sight.

Paraphrased quote by ???, typically attributed to Churchill:

If you're twenty and not a liberal you have no heart. If you are forty and not a conservative you have no brain.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links