Your year in review - Page 2

Your year in review

This is a discussion on Your year in review within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was above average early this year. Just got told today I might be getting laid off so I guess my AR and ammo buying ...

View Poll Results: My firearms procurement for this past year compared to others

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm running about average with years past obtaining firearms

36 23.08%
  • I'm running below average compared to years past

33 21.15%
  • I'm running above average compared to years past

78 50.00%
  • I've maxxed out my credit cards for good reason

9 5.77%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was above average early this year. Just got told today I might be getting laid off so I guess my AR and ammo buying are going to be put on hold for a while

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I filed with an automatic extension in October, electronically, and got my electronic deposit $600. I have already spent it on panic-buying of gun items
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

During this past year I have enlarged my pistol and long arm collections. My ammo supplies have also grown quite a bit.

Stay armed...can never have too much/many...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yeah I'm way above last year. Last year it was just a 12 gauge. After a couple of dicey situations this year I got my CWP, a rossi .357, a bersa .380, SA XDM in.40, a glock 32, and an AK-47

VIP Member
    I'm running way ahead.....I've bought 5 in the last 8 weeks......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Picked up a AR, P239...probably pick-up another when I come back from deployment
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I'm ahead of last year.

I took a second job here awhile back to pay off some bills. As I was getting ready to quit, I saw the handwriting on the wall. So still working this second job for now so my gun and ammo purchases don't come out of the household money.

I'm tired, but I should be thankful for any job opportunities.

Oh, and if anyone can't get the high-cap mags they ordered, it might be my fault.

Way, way, way below normal this year. I have not purchased a new fire arm all year.

I am not happy about that. But, if the Dems send us another "stimulus check" any time soon, you can bet your butt it will all go towards guns and ammo and hi-cap magazines. Every, single, cent.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I got one for myself and one for my dad this year. That's notably fewer than years past.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    It's been a bit above average for me because of the nice sum of $ I got from the state, and the tax rebate earlier this year. I managed to purchase without using credit cards a Ruger 10/22, Glock 17, Glock 26, XD45 ACP, Ruger LCP, and a Smith & Wesson M&P15. I sold the Ruger LCP, because it was just too small for my liking. I was forced to sell my Beretta 92 which I miss dearly, but I will get another one in the future. Over the next few months and into next year I don't plan on making anymore firearm purchases. Instead I'm going to be stocking up on ammo and magazines if I still can.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Looking back I average two a year,
    that includes trades
    I have been below that for the last 3 years
    so 3 this year puts me about on average
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I actually added a couple of 1911's to my selection of firearms. I wondered now why I waited so long.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    It's been a good year for me, but mainly because we are now settled and unexpected/one-time expenses have really dropped off. I got an AR and 1000 rounds each of 223 and 40 to be added to my "stores" aka not for normal usage. All goes in my new safe, another benefit of being settled.

Since the beginning of November I've ordered another 500 rounds of 40, plus two spare mags for my pistol and 20 (yes, twenty!) 30rd pmags. Some of the pmags are for me, but most are a bet that the price of mags will go up enough to make selling them later profitable. I only got the mags after winning my wife over with the investment sales pitch. The ammo is on the way, but everything else is on backorder.

I really, really, really want a shotgun, but my Christmas bonus will have to be pretty good to let me get away with any more gun purchases in the near future.

Maybe the next poll can see how many are buying for themselves, and how many are investing?
    Last edited by lacrosse50; November 11th, 2008 at 07:19 PM. Reason: mistyped words
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

I voted "above average" since I bought my first personal firearm this year. Hopefully, I'll be able to vote "above average" next year as well.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I voted for about average for guns, but I'm above for ammo (thanks to the CMP, oddly enough) and accessories for my existing guns. I do have authorization from my lovely wife to go purchase more firearms due to the results of the election. Truth be told, there are only a couple of the ones I'm looking at that would be in the next AWB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links