The Obama Effect on Gun Sales - Page 3

The Obama Effect on Gun Sales

This is a discussion on The Obama Effect on Gun Sales within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty I refuse to pay exhorbitant prices on anything,I am currently waiting on 3 AR15 lowers to build rifles out of which ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Obama Effect on Gun Sales

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I refuse to pay exhorbitant prices on anything,I am currently waiting on 3 AR15 lowers to build rifles out of which will give me 6 AR15's in different configurations,all but one RRA are kit guns.I have about 12 30 round mags for my AR's and may end up buying some more as long as I can find them around 12.00

12 mag for 6 rifles is unacceptable. Go buy mags!
    -Biker

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    The media image of agents going 'door to door' would be way too harmful. It would cause irreparable damage to the Democrat party, which has for a long time tried to play itself off as 'relatively gun friendly'.

A ban on transfer, possible. Door to door confiscations, never.
    I Guess you missed Katrina?
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    I Guess you missed Katrina?
    I didn't miss the massive outrage generated by it. Throw in some people actually shooting back and it wouldn't last very long before being put on hold.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Is it possible just possible that not only there will be a ban + a ban on the guns that you already own???
    Good thing that I have guns that I don't own.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I sold all my guns to this fellow from up north, I think the receipt says "Barry Obama", and I'm sure I have his current address in Chicago. He said not to worry about sending them through an FFL, came by an picked them up himself.

All my local gun stores report record sales...'nuf said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    12 mag for 6 rifles is unacceptable. Go buy mags!
    Oh come come now. Most bad guys are surely civilized enough to let you hide behind a tree for a minute or two while you reload your two magazines.

Back OT: I bought my Romak GP-75 anticipating the election by a couple of months. I just wish I'd bought more than six of the East Bloc mags (one was a dropper) and the 500 rounds. I'll have to pay a few bucks more for the extra mags and lots more ammo, but nothing to cry about (yet).

Yes, prices *are* going up but not drastically in all places. Shop--and shop--until you find a good deal. If you can't instantly buy a few thousands rounds of [insert favorite caliber here], instead of buying lotto tickets, cigs, burgers, and beer, how about picking up a few hundred rounds of [insert caliber here] each week? Whatever it takes . . . .

And if some folks are truly are starting from ZERO in this socio-politico-economic climate, well . . . . good luck with that, Grasshopper!
    Don't forget to bow as the chariot passes.

At my local Sportsmans Warehouse they have gone from selling 5 ARs/week to 15 PER DAY since the election. They are pre-selling things on order....was in there Sunday PM and there were 10 - 15 people waiting for one of the 3 guys at the gun counter. Wild, wild, wild....

The store (KTP.Com) had over 30 AR types.....and about 20 HK types.. right now they're ALL GONE!.....Also....Ruger Mini 14s and long tube shotguns are going quick......... LOTS of hi cap guns are selling (we have over 2000 differnt types of guns in the store) we sold about 400 -500 guns in the past 2 weeks......PLUS all the ammo to go with em.......LOTS of 1st time buyers are coming in as well. The mind sett is "I best be preparded for the coming future, for good or bad"
    Some of it is panic buying, while most of it is just "being preparded"
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links