Current market trends concerning firearms and ammo

This is a discussion on Current market trends concerning firearms and ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Okay...here we go. In response to the 'people effect', (my term for the thread 'The Obama Effect'), I was wondering very seriously. Does anyone think ...

View Poll Results: Sub standard products to flood the market in the future?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's possible to see sub standard pruducts as manufacturers try to keep up with current demands

11 68.75%
  • How would you think about such a thing....the manufacturers care more about the end user than their profits

3 18.75%
  • You're too open minded for this forum...shame on you for your thinking

1 6.25%
  • You really are crazy aren't you? I never believed them until now.

1 6.25%

Thread: Current market trends concerning firearms and ammo

Okay...here we go. In response to the 'people effect', (my term for the thread 'The Obama Effect'), I was wondering very seriously. Does anyone think that given the current panic buying mode some of the nation is in, that there is the remote possibility that manufacturers of arms and manufacturers of ammunition will be cutting corners, running products past QA, and getting sub standard products out the door to keep up with or meet current demands? I know....I'm probably the only one to think up such a crazy idea right? Just come out and tell me then. Do you think sub standard products will fill the market in light of the current demand in order for manufacturers to keep up and make profits?

I didn't vote, but the solid, good reputation manufacturers, I'd guess will jack up production, but not at the expense of a drop in quality. QC is too easy to not do if the system is already in place.

The lower quality folks might well ignore the QC matter (if they don't already) anyway, and just ramp up the lines to pump out more junk.

The biggest risk might be the part suppliers that provide parts to the industry players that do not have all parts done in-house?

Happy customers are good customers. unhappy customers cost a lot of money.

Just my $.05

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I love the unbiased selection of possible answers to this poll.

Stick with the name brands and everything will be fine...Glock, Sig, S&W, Bushmaster, etc are not going to ruin their reputations by making substandard products. It would cost them way more in the long run. Reputation for quality is HUGE in firearms...that should say it all.

How many people do you know that when asked what the best handgun is would answer Hi-Point?

Imagine for a minute that someone like Glock decided to start churning out crappy products to meet demand.

The next thing you know, you'd be hearing stories like "Police officer dies after Glock fails to fire". After a few of those, nobody would buy one.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Sponsored Links