NRA

NRA

This is a discussion on NRA within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you aren't already a member, join the NRA as soon as possible. If you ARE already a member, first make sure that your own ...

Thread: NRA

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar

NRA

If you aren't already a member, join the NRA as soon as possible.

If you ARE already a member, first make sure that your own membership hasn't expired, and then get others signed up.

Buy gift memberships for friends and family. I just bought 4 of them today.

We're about to face a larger and more determined gaggle of gun banners than we did back in the early 90's. For those who don't know, Vice President-Elect Joe Biden was the senator who WROTE most of the 94 Assault Weapons Ban.

When an NRA lobbyist walks into a congresscritter's office, he introduces himself by name and then says, "I'm with the NRA, and we represent (number) American gun owners."

The last time I checked, that number was 3.5 million. Let's make it 10 million. Let's make it 20 million.

Hell, let's make it EIGHTY MILLION - because that's approximately how many gun owners there are in the United States.

.....and because if we DON'T, that number might be ZERO.

National Rifle Association - NRA Website Gateway

Thumbs up

The N.R.A. has gotten my cash. So has the Oregon Firearms Federation (O.F.F.), doubly so, which does much the same thing but highly focused and aggressively at a state level, helping to level all the attacks made in Salem against the gun owners, here. And I've boosted the fund for covering stamps and envelopes to post dozens of letters a year to the gaggle in Congress, in the hopes they'll mutate a conscience and sense of constitutional duty.

The 2A is threatened, no matter how you slice it. The "blind" cannot lead in this fight. So, we must help them to see. Ain't gonna happen by itself, agreed.

Thanks for the reminder S.Mac.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I'm Life Benefactor. The wife is Life Patron. Bought my immediate family memberships. I'm an NRA recruiter. So doing my part there.

Also be sure to support your state level organizations as they will be on the front lines. I also support the VSSA (State NRA group), VCDL (State lobbying group) and the FoNRA which allocates grants for shooting programs and ranges locally based on the amount of donations they receive.

If you can swing it to belong to other pro-2A groups then do it. I'm also a Life member of the GOA and I support other groups with donations.

I don't agree with all the positions of all the groups, but I cannot be a full time lobbyist so I contribute to them so that they can do it. Also when someone on my Executive Board of Directors makes a stupid remark about the NRA or its members and guns or gun owners, I make another contribution. Seems to happen once or twice a year.

Also don't forget that when whatever pro-2A groups asks you to send in the pre-written postcard to your elected reps, that's ok, but if you have the time to write your own letter using that post card as an outline then please do that. A postcard only represents one vote to your elected rep. A personalized letter represents a bunch more. I was told that in my area, due to the population size, they count it as 1000 voters.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

I signed up my wife & kids a year or so ago.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

While you're at it, join the Gun Owners of America as well!
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

jfl
    I don't always agree with NRA positions.
    However I believe that the NRA is the important block in our defense against the gun-grabbers.
    My wife and I have been Life Members since Clinton was elected ... not a coincidence !
    Gun Owners of America is also a very active organisation; I am a member as well.
    JPFO ranks third on my list of National Organizations.
    Jews for Protection of Firearms Ownership, you don't have to be Jewish to join. They have excellent literature, and they address the anti-gun beliefs That Jewish people had for centuries. Check them out !

Gun Owners of America

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership - Homepage

And don't forget the local groups !!!

We've got work to do
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Another great thing current members can do is give a gift membership to one of our service men/women serving in the Middle East.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Links