No paper trail

This is a discussion on No paper trail within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No comment......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No paper trail

No comment...
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

2. Remove Ads

A General on the News the other night was asked "how do Military personnel generally feel about Obama's election " ??

His answer, about 8-10 times ....

We have sworn to protect and defend our Country and the Constitution of the United States, and the lawful orders of our Commander in Chief " .

He stressed "Constitution " really well.......... each time he said it.

I hope they do just that, and in that order. If so, we would have no concern.

You dont realy think they collected all the guns during Katrina, Do you? .. Im thinking they missed lots of them. any one know for sure?.. johnsr

That is why Florida has a law that prohibits the state from keeping such records. Overall, I think this "gun grabbing" fear is ridiculous. Yes, it may get harder to buy new guns. But they will not take guns you already own. Katrina was an isolated and extreme incident. I think if anything, the "Katrina Experience" will make a repeat less likely.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I'm an LEO and I wouldnt be taking any guns.
    Same here.

I used to say I'd resign on the spot, but the more I think about it, the better I like the idea of them trying to fire me for that.

Maybe I am a bit paranoid. But,I dont for a second believe that all the info collected on firearms sales for all these years isnt stored in a computer somewhere in D.C. Every name and firearm type, date of sale, social security number, etc is in there somewhere. Also when the "gun grab" comes along the files of pro gun institutions(NRA,etc) will be confiscated and those will be the first places the Gestapo/ KGB will look.

If you plan for the worst and it doesnt happen you have only wasted time. If you dont have a plan and the worst comes along you will be up the well known creek without an Evinrude!

Somewhere the gun grabbers are celebrating the results of the election-----.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
    Katrina was an isolated and extreme incident. I think if anything, the "Katrina Experience" will make a repeat less likely.
    Unfortunately, while the Katrina gun grab may be viewed as extreme by most of us on this board, it was not isolated. Greensburg Kansas confiscated guns last year after a tornado. I'm sure there are more, but most of the time we don't hear about them. We heard about the New Orleans gun grab because all eyes were on New Orleans (ignoring the Gulf Coast, but that's for another thread) after Katrina. I heard about Greensburg because it's pretty close to home.

The "Katrina Experience" didn't make a repeat less likely. If there had been a national outcry that forced Ray Nagin to return all the guns and replace any he couldn't find, then maybe it would make a repeat less likely. However, the outcry fell short. The NRA did file a lawsuit, but people still haven't gotten their guns back. Just recently I heard about a lady, Patricia Konie I think, that finally got a replacement for her gun that had been confiscated. Unfortunately it was Gun Owners of America that bought it for her, not Ray Nagin and his crew.

I hate to feed into the conspiracy theories, but in some areas of the country, gun confiscation is just under the covers waiting for a chance to get out.

BTW: I don't know if it's related or not but I find it interesting that Greensburg, KS is rebuilding "Green" with "environmentally friendly" methods. I wonder if that is an indication of the political bent of the town?

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    If you didnt you would be clueless.

I'm an LEO and I wouldnt be taking any guns. I dont know af any that would really. There may be a few on the city PD (I'm county) but I seriously doubt that they would be doing it for long.

When it happens, I doubt that the local guys would be doing it. I really believe that some other force, perhaps U.N. troops or hired contractors from other countrys would do it.
    I'm one of those people that never meet a stranger. I talk to everyone I meet, and love doing so. Over the years I have known many LEO's, and have great respect for most of them. As you said in your post about taking guns from honest citizens, I just wanted to add that I personally have never met an LEO who would go door to door to pick up guns if the Government told them to do so. Everyone of them I have asked has stated plainly that they do not consider that as any part of their job, and would either quit, retire, or be fired before doing any such thing. I'm quite sure that I haven't talked to all of the LEO's out there, and there may be a few who feel differently, but as I said, I haven't met them. All you LEO's out there, stay safe! Hope to meet some of you some day over a cup of coffe, or an ice cold soda!
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

I love both the posters who say they would use their weapons before giving them up and the LEOs who say they would never take weapons from honest citizens. History doesn't support either position.

Most LEOs (90%+), who believe in law and order and taking orders, would take weapons from citizens just as their counterparts in New Orleans and many other countries have done.

And most citizens(90%+) will hand over their guns without a fight just as their counterparts in New Orleans and many other countries have done.

Maybe you guys are different but I am a skeptic.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Yankee View Post
    I love both the posters who say they would use their weapons before giving them up and the LEOs who say they would never take weapons from honest citizens. History doesn't support either position.

Most LEOs (90%+), who believe in law and order and taking orders, would take weapons from citizens just as their counterparts in New Orleans and many other countries have done.

And most citizens(90%+) will hand over their guns without a fight just as their counterparts in New Orleans and many other countries have done.

Maybe you guys are different but I am a skeptic.
    First of all, the United States is not like many other countries. Fireams were used to gain her independence and that spirit still lives on in many of her citizens.
    Secondly; New Orleans is not rural America. Small town USA is still fairly independent. Would some LEOs take guns? Yes, without a doubt. Would some Americans give them up without a fight? Yes again. However some would not. I can't imagine going from house to house in the Ozark hills to get someones gun. It would definitely be safer to look for other employment.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

I'm proud of my fellow Nebraskan, Sergeant Mac, an LEO Supervisor, who stated he'd demand to be fired first. But I DO NOT believe that is the general consensus of the rank and file cop. When it came down to "following orders" or hitting the road without a paycheck, I sincerely believe most officers would do as told. And this is from a 20 year retired veteran. I worked with those suckups my whole career.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I'm proud of my fellow Nebraskan, Sergeant Mac, an LEO Supervisor, who stated he'd demand to be fired first. But I DO NOT believe that is the general consensus of the rank and file cop. When it came down to "following orders" or hitting the road without a paycheck, I sincerely believe most officers would do as told. And this is from a 20 year retired veteran. I worked with those suckups my whole career.
    Maybe they just wouldn't be very lucky in finding any guns...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links