No paper trail

This is a discussion on No paper trail within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While talking with a fellow CCer the topic of gun bans came up and what would happen if we were required to hand in handguns. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No paper trail

Question No paper trail

While talking with a fellow CCer the topic of gun bans came up and what would happen if we were required to hand in handguns. Is anyone else looking for gun to buy in private sales or from gun shows in the same cal. as your EDC(to eliminate suspicion for when ammo sales are recorded) that way there is no paper on at least one fire arm and you can still get ammo without putting up a red flag?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    If I were worried about such things, you wouldnt catch me yaking about it on the internet.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Nah.

There is an old Chinese proverb that says. "when its time to bury your weapons, it is time to use them".

Dont worry about it.Life is too short.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I agree.

There is an old Chinese proverb that says. "when its time to bury your weapons, it is time to use them".
    I like that! But it didn't work for China.
    Better make it an old American porverb.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Nah.

I actually think it would be something to worry about. If they decide they want people's hand guns and an LEO comes to your door, you going to shoot him? probably not. they took them when Katrina hit.. and nobody did anything. I agree with the statement that its time to use them but if the govt tells the LEO to collect guns and pulls reports on what people own he is going to go, thats his job.

I worry about where this country is going.

Senior Moderator
    I worry about where this country is going.
    If you didnt you would be clueless.

I'm an LEO and I wouldnt be taking any guns. I dont know af any that would really. There may be a few on the city PD (I'm county) but I seriously doubt that they would be doing it for long.

When it happens, I doubt that the local guys would be doing it. I really believe that some other force, perhaps U.N. troops or hired contractors from other countrys would do it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

If you didnt you would be clueless.

I'm an LEO and I wouldnt be taking any guns. I dont know af any that would really. There may be a few on the city PD (I'm county) but I seriously doubt that they would be doing it for long.

When it happens, I doubt that the local guys would be doing it. I really believe that some other force, perhaps U.N. troops or hired contractors from other countrys would do it.
    This is why they would bring in help form different areas of the country. It worked during katrina.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    If they ever come to get my guns, I gonna tell them I loan them all to my preacher and he never return any of them.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by jdivence View Post
    While talking with a fellow CCer the topic of gun bans came up and what would happen if we were required to hand in handguns. Is anyone else looking for gun to buy in private sales or from gun shows in the same cal. as your EDC(to eliminate suspicion for when ammo sales are recorded) that way there is no paper on at least one fire arm and you can still get ammo without putting up a red flag?
    Not quite sure how that wouldn't throw up a red flag. If they took your EDC that had paper work on it, then why would you have a need for handgun ammo? Personally I think that if it ever got to the point of the govnment collecting handguns, there would already be restrictons on handgun cal. ammo sales. After all if its illegal to possess a handgun then why would you need ammo for one?

If a LEO came for my guns I would ask them to trade me theirs. Or at the very least post an armed LEO to follow me every where I go to eliminate the response time issues.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    If they ever come to get my guns, I gonna tell them I loan them all to my preacher and he never return any of them.
    I resemble that remark!!!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

I don't know if "they" know what everyone currently has in order to take them all away. How would they get this list?

And before anyone decides I'm some sort of idiot who has never watched Red Dawn and doesn't know about the BATF 4473 form the stores keep for 7 years, pretend I do and I'm not.

It's been years since I've bought a new gun. I have transferred several, so they're on paper. The vast majority of my transactions are off the grid. I get better deals, and it's nobody elses' business.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

what will they do if they come looking for them, they cant find em, and you wont tell them where they are? ...Jail?

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If I were worried about such things, you wouldnt catch me yaking about it on the internet.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links