Some chick stole my bersa thunder!

This is a discussion on Some chick stole my bersa thunder! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So a woman I considered to be a pretty good friend needed a weapon to do the concealed carry class with. I allowed her to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So a woman I considered to be a pretty good friend needed a weapon to do the concealed carry class with. I allowed her to use my thunder .380. Not a big deal, but then a month passes, then two. I've asked her for it back a few times. She either shrugs me off of gives me an excuse. She stops answering my phone calls and texts. Then I hear she is going out of state to live in colorado. Today I say return it or im going to report it stolen and put her name to it if it isn't in my greasy little palms by tomorrow. She texts back saying she will be back in 3 weeks and will bring it then. I know she was in town 2 days ago and didnt fulfill prior "promises". Being that the gun is only worth 290 or so I didn't expect the police to do much, especially since she is in colorado. They send over an officer to fill out a complaint and lo and behold it's one of my scuba diving buddies! He left her a message and says if this isn't resolved within the week that he will swear out a warrant and start papers to extradite her from Colorado. I wish I could see her face when she gets the message!

A dollar says it's gone missing. You are patient, I wouldn't have waited so long. I never let anyone walk off with my weapons, friends or family, you can shoot them only if I'm there also. Good luck!
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

You're probably not going to be friends too much longer. OTOH, who needs friends who steal your stuff? Theft of a firearm is not something that's usually taken lightly.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Report it stolen, make the report at the local PD and be truthful. If you loaned it for a class, so be it, now it's stolen.

Let the LEO's speak with her about the penalties of such actions. A PD visit to her may get that gun back quickly, and I'd do it before she goes out of state.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

First, I'd report it stolen, then I'd send her a thank-you card.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Sounds like you gave her plenty of chances.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Report it stolen, make the report at the local PD and be truthful. If you loaned it for a class, so be it, now it's stolen.

Let the LEO's speak with her about the penalties of such actions. A PD visit to her may get that gun back quickly, and I'd do it before she goes out of state.
    +1

That's exactly what I would do.
    Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

+1 I agree with this advice.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Sounds like she won't have her CCW much longer...

...I'd also be concerned about any liability if it ends up in the wrong hands.

Rick

You took longer in taking those steps then I would have. My question , does she even have it ? Or , did she pass it on to someone else and the reason she couldn't return it to you ?

I would be leary of that, and if it were used in a crime.... and they'ld be knocking on your door and you would be downtown doing the explaining.

Good thing you reported it, as it's nothing to mess around about.... and she will soon understand that hopefully. Not the type of friend I would want, as a friend. But then, the chances of someone borrowing my gun.. is zero.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Now there's an idea. Then you need to take your buddy (the LEO) to the range, on you. Or just buy him a beer, but not both .
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Lots of us here in CO. Got a city? She could save herself the grief and turn it over to one of us + FFL shipping fees.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I know the Bersa is a pretty nice gun. I have a few. You think she might need it a little worse than you??

Someone important once said, "If a man wants to steal my coat, I'll also give him my cloke." (or something like that, I'm paraphrasing)

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79 View Post
    I know the Bersa is a pretty nice gun. I have a few. You think she might need it a little worse than you??

Someone important once said, "If a man wants to steal my coat, I'll also give him my cloke." (or something like that, I'm paraphrasing)

Nate
    There is a difference between borrowing and needing.

Borrowing for a class is just that.

Borrowing for protection turns into need, that another matter and should have been/be further discussion.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links