Gun related incident I had a few weeks ago

This is a discussion on Gun related incident I had a few weeks ago within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was on my way to work when I came upon a single vehicle crash. A pickup truck had skidded on wet pavement and crossed ...

Thread: Gun related incident I had a few weeks ago

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

I was on my way to work when I came upon a single vehicle crash. A pickup truck had skidded on wet pavement and crossed the road into the ditch. The driver was up and walking around, being tended to by another off duty Paramedic who had witnessed the crash. Driver had called family, who arrived on scene a few minutes later.

Driver was greatly interested in getting his personal belongings out of his truck and into relative's car. So much so that he was ignoring his right arm, which had become a useless dangling accessory during the crash. Probably a shoulder dislocation.

Anyway, he hands the other Paramedic a tool pouch/bag thingy and says, "Be careful, theres five guns in there." I look down and sure enough, there are grips and barrels sticking out all over the place. Then it's my turn. I get a loose handful of accessories. I say, "Ah I see you have a Ruger 10/22, and what caliber are these rounds?" They were handloads.

Now this guy was on his way to work. With five handguns tossed in leather sack, sitting on the floorboard of the back seat of his truck. Somebody could have made a real haul in a smash and grab.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Dang, thats ridiculous. A friend and coworker of mine that has always been responsible purchased my old hi point hangun. He brought it up to work to ask me about something on it, so when I had a free moment and walked to his car with him...I realized it was unlocked,and the pistol was just sitting there on the front seat with the loaded mag in it.

Made me so bad

Like when we deal with customer vehicles, alot will say "careful, theres a loaded gun in the ___" , so otherwise I would have never known, but now he just told some random guy where his peice was, and left it unsecrued in our care.. crazy

Obviously he's never had anyone get into his truck...I have. No firearms stay in my vehicle unless for 'short term' appointments and then I use a hidden Center of Mass safe.

Stay armed...just leave 'em on the hood, it saves on glass repair...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

At first I thought he had a buncha dope he was trying to get rid of before LEO showed up.I don't even like to stop at a grocery store on the way home from the range ,I usually have at least 2-3000.00 dollars worth of guns in my jeep
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Obviously he's never had anyone get into his truck...I have. No firearms stay in my vehicle unless for 'short term' appointments and then I use a hidden Center of Mass safe.
    +1 Always lock your sidearm up got a ammo box weilded in back of seat out of site
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; November 27th, 2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.

Crazy. Ask him how he would feel if his gun will get stolen and used to kill someone. If anything, stolen guns typically do not end up in the hands of responsible gun owners.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I usually have at least 2-3000.00 dollars worth of guns in my jeep
    You have a Jeep? ... what color is it? J/K

I have a crew cab pickup and behind the rear seats, I keep my AR. It's in a homemade, 9ga. steel lockable case bolted to the rear cab. Unless you have a cutting torch, you wont get my AR. If my truck rolled, that gun would still be intact and bolted to the cab. It would take a bomb explosion to get into my long gun case in my truck. The military taught me well.

>>---->
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

jfl
    In my car, my gun is safely stored ... on my right hip !
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Sponsored Links