Taurus PT-111 Vs. Kel-Tec - Page 2

Taurus PT-111 Vs. Kel-Tec

This is a discussion on Taurus PT-111 Vs. Kel-Tec within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OrlandoDriver Im sorry you are correct i was having a moment of dislexia you are correct does go into a DA mode ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taurus PT-111 Vs. Kel-Tec

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoDriver View Post
    Im sorry you are correct i was having a moment of dislexia
    you are correct does go into a DA mode with the 2nd stike capablity.

so that means it's a second generaion most likely for sale huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    so that means it's a second generaion most likely for sale huh.

From What i read sounds like it. would be better to check to make sure.

I've owned two of the Bersas....can't complain about either one of them....but I do like my PT111pro 3rd gen MUCH better....and if you can get the Taurus for less than the Bersa, go for it.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Straight 8 =Heinie Sights DAO = Double Action Only
    thank you. it was bugging me. So DA/SA it's when after the first shot the hamer goes back right

Heres the link

now heres a link to the add
    they show it as DA/SA

TAURUS PT-111 MILLENNIUM 9MM PISTOL

now heres a link to the add
    they show it as DA/SA

TAURUS PT-111 MILLENNIUM 9MM PISTOL
    a typo maybe?

Thats the second gen. I retract my previous statement. If you can find a 3rd gen for that price then get it. Knowing its the second gen pt111, I would go with the bersa.

this is what the 3rd gen looks like. note the clip, grip, rear of slide, slide release, sights, and trigger guard

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

I have seethis on buds gunshop they sho pics of a 2nd gen and actually a 3rd now the 2nd gen on the left side of the slide says Millenium Pro on the 3rd gen says Millenium on the left on the right PT111pro the pic in the ad looks to be a third. its the description below that leds me to believe its a 2nd gen.

I have seethis on buds gunshop they sho pics of a 2nd gen and actually a 3rd now the 2nd gen on the left side of the slide says Millenium Pro on the 3rd gen says Millenium on the left on the right PT111pro the pic in the ad looks to be a third. its the description below that leds me to believe its a 2nd gen.
    From my understanding the 3rd gens are stamped both ways. Here is a link to a 3rd gen stamped Mill pro on the left side....opposite of my 3rd gen. Its not the stamping that you look at, its the design.

http://www.policelink.com/products/p...millennium-pro

and on a side note.... Academys price on the bersa has gone up. I bought mine there about a year and a half ago for $214

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

ok regardles of wheather it's 2nd or 3rd generation it's still a good deal. Beside the look is there any difference b/n 2nd and 3rd?

Ron
    I personally prefer the SA trigger, but bear in mind that with the 3rd generation, unlike a 1911, you only have the manual thumb safety, without the grip safety as well, and once you rack the slide you are carrying a gun with a round in the chamber and a cocked striker ready to fire, without the ability to decock and put it into DA for the first shot. Some people are not comfortable with that kind of trigger, but prefer a true DA, so they might actually prefer the 2nd generation PT-111.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

The Pic posted by broknindarkagain is in Fact a 3rd gen the one in the police link could be 1st or 2nd but not a 3rd. I have a 3rd gen Stainless.

Taken from Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurus_Millennium_series
    Design features

Taurus Millennium series pistols are manufactured with injection molded polymer frames, and blued carbon steel, stainless steel, or titanium slides.[3] Available cartridge chamberings include .32 ACP, .380 ACP, 9mm Parabellum, .40 Smith & Wesson, and .45 ACP. Magazine capacities vary between 6, 10, and 12 rounds depending on model and caliber. The Millennium line includes several innovative safety features including a positive firing pin block as well as the "Taurus Safety Latch", a transfer bar safety which prevents firing of the pistol unless the trigger is pulled. Together these safeties assure that the pistol will not fire if it is accidentally dropped; selected models have been certified as satisfying the California Drop safety requirement. All Millennium models also include a slide-mounted safety lever.[4]

[edit] Series

Three distinct series or generations of Millennium pistols have been produced. The 1st series featured double action only triggers and a 10 round magazine capacity. The 2nd series resulted from a complete redesign of the 1st, offering a more ergonomic and visually pleasing design, but retaining the double action only trigger system. The 2nd series also introduced the 'Taurus Security System' (TSS), the Taurus version of an Integrated firearm locking safety system, as well as the enhancements Taurus categorizes as the Millennium ‘Pro’ package. The 3rd series added double/single action triggers on several models in lieu of the double action only of the first two series. Additionally, the grips of 3rd generation pistols are available in various different colors and the grip stippling is altered; tactical or Picatinny rail accessory mounts are also an option.[5]

[edit] Millennium Pro line

The Millennium Pro pistols offer many improvements over the standard models, but were introduced as enhancements to the originals, not to supplant them. Pro counterparts have now been released for nearly all of the original models. Some features of the Pro line include optional increased magazine capacities, larger and easier to operate controls, a double action/single action trigger mechanism on some models with reduced trigger travel and an improved smoother and lighter trigger pull, an enhanced frame, and an improved more ergonometric grip design. Key to the grip upgrade are recesses which Taurus call 'Memory pads', intended to promote a consistent shooting grip from shot to shot. Other Pro improvements include the contrast enhanced Heine ‘Straight-8’ sighting system, as well as optional night sights, a loaded chamber indicator which can be felt as well as seen, and a feature labeled 'posi-traction' which consists of an alteration to the number and layout of the slide serrations resulting in an improved gripping surface.[2][6]

[edit] Model designations

Taurus Millennium line model designations consist of 3 digits followed by 1 to 3 characters, which in turn may be followed by an optional third sequence of a dash and 2 digits. The leading three numerals indicate the model's cartridge chambering, for example, number 132 represents .32 ACP chambering, 138 corresponds to .380 ACP, 111 signifies 9mm Parabellum models, 140 denotes the .40 S & W offering, and 145 indicates .45 ACP chambering. An optional 'P' character trailing the chambering digits indicates whether the pistol is a ‘Pro’ model, and the next 1 or 2 characters denote the slide composition. A ‘B’ indicates blued steel, the characters ’SS’ indicate stainless, and a 'Ti' signifies titanium. The optional final hyphenated number at the end of the model designation (either a -10 or -12) indicates an extended magazine capacity. Thus the model number 111BP-12 would indicate a 9mm Millennium Pro pistol in blued steel with a 12 round magazine capacity, while model 138SSP-12 designates a .380 stainless steel Millennium Pro with a 12 round capacity.[7]

[edit] Criticisms

Although considered excellent pistols overall, those in the firearms field have leveled a few criticisms at the Millennium product line. For example, the need for a separate manual slide safety on a double-action pistol marketed for concealment use has been called into question as well as the practice of including only a single magazine with each new pistol sold.[2]

[edit] Models

[edit] PT111

9mm Parabellum caliber.

[edit] Standard

Models 111B (blued slide), 111SS (stainless slide), 111SSG (stainless gray slide). Double action only trigger. Weight 18.7 ounces, length: 6 1/8 inches, width: 1.268 inches, height: 5.020 inches, 6 groove 3.25 inch barrel with 1:9.84 per inch rate of twist, 10 round magazine.[8][9][10]

[edit] Pro

Models 111BP (blued slide, 10 round magazine), 111BP-12 (blued slide, 12 round magazine), 111SSP (stainless slide, 10 round magazine), 111SSP-12 (stainless slide, 12 round magazine), 111PTi (Titanium slide, 10 round magazine), 111PIi-12 (titanium slide, 12 round magazine). Double action/single action trigger, Heinie sights with ‘Straight-8’ rear. Weight: 18.7 ounces (111PTi and 111PIi-12: 16 ounces), length: 6 1/8 inches, width: 1.125 inches, height: 5.125 inches, 6 groove 3.25 inch barrel with 1:9.84 per inch rate of twist.[6][11][12][13][14][15]

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Ok I went to Academy and bought PT-111. Aperantly they had 50 pcs.to start with, I was there around 8am, and they only had 20 left.
    Not sure what gen it is, pretty sure it's 1ST GEN. It's got the internal lock and a strange lever (I think that lever to go from DA/SA) not sure

Went on Taurus forum and I have never seen so much confusion about a gun in my life. I still don't know what generation I bought. Any one knows for sure??? My ser# starts with TBT AND ON THE RIGHT SIDE IT SAYS PT-111
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mikey; November 28th, 2008 at 02:51 PM.

also what is the difference b/n a 9mm and 9mm Parabellum caliber. I have some 9mm 115gr ammo, would it work?? The pt-111 accepts 9mm Parabellum caliber

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links