Taurus PT-111 Vs. Kel-Tec

This is a discussion on Taurus PT-111 Vs. Kel-Tec within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mikey, Congrats on the new PT111. The assembly should not be bad, since your new to the gun world it will just take some time ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Taurus PT-111 Vs. Kel-Tec

Mikey,

Congrats on the new PT111. The assembly should not be bad, since your new to the gun world it will just take some time to get used to how it works.

Get yourself some snap caps and practice with the thing at home. Work on your grip, trigger pull etc.

I have had one in stainless with a 12 rd capacity that I have carried for a couple of years. I have no problems with it, and at the price you got it you did really well.

And yes, the 9mm luger and the 9 mm parabellum are the same caliber. Both are 9x19 ammo. You can't use 9mm makarov or 9mm shorts(.380) in it. Most anything you see listed as simply 9mm should be right for you gun.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Mikey,

did you take it to the range yet? I too just picked one up from academy because $229 was worth it to me. I normally carry a full-size springfield armory parkerized .45 loaded model, but I have several pistols and have owned dozens over the last 15 years or so, and the price tag and lifetime warranty (even if it takes awhile to get back from them) made it worth spending the $229. Different people have different opinions and expectations, so to each their own. Like any other carry weapon, I won't carry it until I've passed the break-in period and know that I've had no issues with it. I plan on putting 5 100 round boxes of the Winchester White Box through it in the coming weeks and we'll see how it holds up. If I have no issues, then I will call her reliable and have no problem carrying it.

I am new to this forum and normally spend most of my time on the 1911forum.com site, but found it when doing my research on the Taurus PT111 and like what I've seen so far, so I'm sure I'll be around.

From what I've seen in my research, the looooooong trigger pull seems to be the biggest complaint, but that is also common with many others, including the new ruger LCP .380. It's purpose isn't sub 1" groups at the range but rather self defense and concealed carry and that helps me mold the expectations that I'll have for it as such.

Good luck with it. I hope it works out well for each of us!
    Joe

I come in peace! I didn't bring artillery, but I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes; If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.
    Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

The 3rd Gen PT MILPRO series (9,40,45) are all single action that revert to DA in case of a misfire, giving second pull capability. Great little pistol and a very good sale price.
    Life is too short to be serious!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links