It's getting tougher already...

This is a discussion on It's getting tougher already... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; To buy ammo (we've already talked about AR lowers). Just like a million other Americans (it seems) I decided to purchase a few more rounds. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's getting tougher already...

VIP Member

It's getting tougher already...

To buy ammo (we've already talked about AR lowers). Just like a million other Americans (it seems) I decided to purchase a few more rounds. Ammo to go says shipping is two weeks behind schedule but they had the pistol ammo I wanted in stock so I bought it.

How bout 7.62x39! Nobody has this stuff in stock or at least none of the people I tried. So I had to backorder merchandise. Feb 2 2009 is when they expect to ship. Anybody else?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

2. Remove Ads

You can thank the panic run on ammunition following the election. Locally, our Sportsman's Warehouse shelves have been emptied. My mail order is delayed due to all the panic buying.

Everytime we go to Walmart, we check to see if there are any 9mm 147 gr ammo to buy; if there is a box or two, we buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    You can thank the panic run on ammunition following the election. Locally, our Sportsman's Warehouse shelves have been emptied. My mail order is delayed due to all the panic buying.
    Same here in Arizona.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Panic buying or not, it is a reality.
    Many talked about buying more ammo (if possible) 18 months ago...others thought it was unnecessary.
    I think those who plan ahead will be able to see some costly and well-timed advantages as we move through the next few years.
    I know that my past purchases are never going to be any cheaper in the years to come. OMO
    If you're planning on taking any class(es)...buy now. Prices have nearly doubled over the last 1.5-2 years...could it do that again?

Stay armed...buy more ammo...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I guess it just depends on the type of ammo you want. I find that most stores are out of stock in 9mm and the ones that do have it are charging a premium price. For example, Dick's Sporting Goods had a sale on 9mm for $9/box. But they had none. They were sold out in one day. I was just at a gun store and they had the same ammo for $15/box and had plenty.

OTOH, at Dick's, I was able to buy all the .45 I wanted, on sale, at $15/box. They even had boxes of .223 for a reasonable price.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Yep...turn around and thank your fellow man. Do you really think they care if you do without? They don't even know you exist. Sad but true.

There aint nothing wrong with panic buying. Folks buying and buying and buying will hopefully send at least some sort of message.

Think about it, gun owners whether first timers or not are doing a bunch to help the economy. Im thrilled to be a part of it.

Walmart had 7.62 in stock tonight, as well as .223.
    Gander Mtn has a sale the bulk boxes on .223, .45, .40, and 9mm, but sold out on 9mm.
    Dick's has it on sale, but never has any.

The gun store I went to today had cases of 7.62x39, but it was 280 for 1000 rds. Kinda high.

I straighted up the reloading supplies the other night and decided I should have looked at the supplies before buying the last few thousand pieces of lead. I think by the time I got done with the inventory I had about 8000 pieces all together in pistol calibers and then some various rifle calibers mixed in there. After I got to thinking I decided the last purchase was fine because the lead isn't going to go bad.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Moderator
    It wont do anything but get tougher for awhile.

Today at work I was talking to a guy that told me he was stockpiling ammo every chance he got. He admitted to me that he once thought that only "whackos" did that, and now he has become one of them. This guy would be one of the last people I would expect to say that.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    There aint nothing wrong with panic buying. Folks buying and buying and buying will hopefully send at least some sort of message.

Think about it, gun owners whether first timers or not are doing a bunch to help the economy. Im thrilled to be a part of it.
    Are you now? Let me just say I'm proud you are a member of this forum, and thank you personally for pumping your money into the economy!

Just wait until you are last in line for the food shortage, or the gasoline shortage, or your kids going hungry. How proud and thrilled will you be then? Eh mister?

Sponsor
    No need to go hungry when you have ammo RamRod

Natchez had plenty of 9mm last I bought bulk a week ago. 7.49 a box, with shipping to my location, it was 16.20 a case of 1K.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

B52
    I just ordered a 700round 7.62x39 Romanian spam can from S.O.G today for $135 + $12 shipping. It's out there, you just have to look a little harder and pay a few dollars more than last month. Good luck!

Haven't been to my Walmart this week, but last week they were almost out of 45acp. They get more in stock every day though. This Walmart stocks a ton of ammo.

-Jeff-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links