PLR-16 Long Range Pistol. - Page 2

PLR-16 Long Range Pistol.

This is a discussion on PLR-16 Long Range Pistol. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by RSSZ Will not be "long range". Unless you put a short eye relief scope on it and shoot from a bench.Expect vels.under ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLR-16 Long Range Pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Will not be "long range". Unless you put a short eye relief scope on it and shoot from a bench.Expect vels.under 3K also. This weapon is clearly designed to be fired from the hip. How long range can that be ?? Can you have fun with it ? DEFINATELY !! --------
    With a barrel length of 9.2 inches and a velocity of 2600 (with M193 cartridge) or better, it has to have a fairly 'long range' aspect compared to almost all other handguns wouldn't you think ?. Granted it's not a M4 carbine but it isn't too far off from the 10 " model carbine and still considered a handgun.I plan to use my Eotech holo sight on it or may also mount a laser I have on it .Like you say . I think it should be a handful of fun as well as a 'contender' (no capitol C intended of course)
    diplomacy ... the art of saying "nice doggie"..while looking for a big rock !!

Senior Moderator
    Id be willing to bet that the pistol wont be anywhere near the 2600FPS with that short barrel.

Even in a Contender pistol, standard .223 ammo isnt very efficent and lots of the powder only serves to make some impressive looking fireballs.

It would rank high in the fun factor, especially when cranking them off as fast as you can from the hip. That basketball sized fireball would look great at the range !

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I feel that the 2600fps figure that you threw out is about right. The exiting bullet is fast enough. The only limiting factor is the ability to target that bullet. Also,i feel that you can't compare the accuracy potential to a T/C or Encore in .223. I owned one(T/C) up until about 2 years ago and it was unbelieveably accurate with the proper handloads. The above weapon will be a FUNGUN but the accuracy just wont be there(IMO). I would expect(with the right scope)3" at 100yds. with the right loading would be the absolute best this weapon could do. I would gess-ta-mate that long range for this weapon would be 150-200yds. The fun factor will be high and the ammo will be cheap. Now all you gotta do is go to a holster crafter and get them to make you a shoulder rig so you can CC the weapon.---------
    Last edited by RSSZ; January 11th, 2006 at 09:13 AM.

Pr16

Yep, a shoulder holster or across the chest type would be very nice for it. ! A Contender type or maybe even a long thigh type ?! The 2600 figure I mentioned is Kel Tec's figure for a M193 . There are even higher velocity available of course. Don't know what the barrel twist ratio is yet but 2600/M193 has been given. There are some 10" carbine M4's out there and I think this gun could be a very nice close quarters combat weapon. I'm not wanting it for anything over say 200 yards anyway. There is a front vertical hand grip picatinny mount for the hand guard available for it like the M4 etc. This would help steadiness as such.

Stick a Crimson-Trace on that pickatinny rail, & shoot from the hip all over the place.

I won't expect recoil to be anything. I've done a lot of shooting with my Bushie AR pistol and recoil is extremely light, even on rapid-fire.

I half want one but know I'm just going to probably end up with another Vector V51 instead.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

PLR-16 video

Here's a video of the (bare bones )PLR-16 pistol I found.

http://www.kel-tec.com/videos/plr1.wmv

That's a bad boy. It could use a stock of some sort and a front hand grip. I guess you grip the magazine like a M-16. However, that things kicks like a mule. This would be a conversation piece only for me, but it is evil. Reminds me of crocodile dundee. "That's not a gun this is a gun."

Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

one word! DAMN! Thats a nice looking firearm!!! Cant wait to see the reviews.
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    I'm interested what this offers vs. an AR15 pistol. Seems like the cost would be comparable unless I'm terribly wrong.
    Ditto
    *** IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, DIAL - 1911 ***

Dan Wesson / CZ: Pointman 7, Stainless .45 ACP
    LaserMax, Carbon Fiber Ultra-thin Grips, Milt Sparks VM2, Milt Sparks 1.5" Tapered Gun Belt, Nickel Buckle, Galco Dual Magazine Carrier

Charles Daly: Field Hunter VR-MC, Semi-Auto 12g

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links