Get MSNBC to release poll numbers

This is a discussion on Get MSNBC to release poll numbers within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We are currently 81 to 19 in favor of students and faculty carrying guns on college campus. Send them an email and ask when the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get MSNBC to release poll numbers

Smile Get MSNBC to release poll numbers

We are currently 81 to 19 in favor of students and faculty carrying guns on college campus.

Send them an email and ask when the stats will be released. Because after all it is news isnít it?

First one is to poll the second is for sending email

Live vote: Guns on college campuses - Education- msnbc.com

mailto:letters@msnbc.com?subject=To the Editor

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Voted

81% Yes
    19% No
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    News story:

Online gun nuts flood polls to push their radical agenda of allowing kids to have guns in schools

Experts agree that allowing students to carry loaded guns in schools is a recipe for trouble, but a few extreme right-wing posters online disagree. Joe Smith of Citizens for Safe Schools says, "We don't want to turn our schools into a wild west saloon!" Scientific polls show that 99.999999% of Americans think guns in schools are a bad idea.

Be careful what you wish for.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    News story:

Online gun nuts flood polls to push their radical agenda of allowing kids to have guns in schools

Experts agree that allowing students to carry loaded guns in schools is a recipe for trouble, but a few extreme right-wing posters online disagree. Joe Smith of Citizens for Safe Schools says, "We don't want to turn our schools into a wild west saloon!" Scientific polls show that 99.999999% of Americans think guns in schools are a bad idea.

Be careful what you wish for.
    Well, we are few, we could be called extremists, we definitely are online.

I would love to see these "Scientific Polls" and the data thereof. Personally I have never been polled, and I don't know anyone that has.

I agree, guns in the hands of other than responsible law abiding adults in K-12 schools are bad. Guns in higher education institutions in the hands of those legally allowed to own one, and meet the required criteria for CC however is not a bad thing.

I really wish these extremist antis would focus their money, and attention to other problems that are causing more damage and death to people. It would be staggering the accomplishments that they could make. Hell, the Flu still kills more Americans than guns every year, never mind traffic accidents, viruses, disease, homeless, unemployment, cancer, illegal immigrants, education system....
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

BAC
    "Not a scientific survey."

Why release poll numbers when they're actively shown: 26244 responses? What do we want MSNBC to say? The poll has virtually zero validity.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

VIP Member
    I would love to see these "Scientific Polls" and the data thereof.
    News networks idea of a scientific poll for this subject would be phone calls to the Brady Bunch and other anti groups.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Unscientific polls help to elect public officials in this country every election cycle. They use unscientific polling every day in main stream media pieces, and the statistical data used to support most other things are never clearly identified if they are valid or not, so why not put this out there? It should raise the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    "Not a scientific survey."

Why release poll numbers when they're actively shown: 26244 responses? What do we want MSNBC to say? The poll has virtually zero validity.

-B
    They declared it invalidated it when they stated that "Online gun nuts flood polls to push their radical agenda of allowing kids to have guns in schools". Therefore, all us "Online Gun Nuts" skewed the results. We blew the bell curve.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    They declared it invalidated it when they stated that "Online gun nuts flood polls to push their radical agenda of allowing kids to have guns in schools". Therefore, all us "Online Gun Nuts" skewed the results. We blew the bell curve.
    I think "online gun nuts" was satire by the poster, not by MSNBC. Although, it could happen.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

BAC
    It said "not a scientific survey" from the beginning and has always shown the poll numbers. Nothing was hidden at any point during the poll's life, so there's nothing to release as the original post requests. I called the survey invalid not because of any official claim, but because as surveys go there is no actual validity to MSNBC's survey. They even acknowledge this by saying it's not a scientific survey.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

MSNBC is a liberal website, most of the people that visit the site are liberals. Any poll they do will have a liberal slant to it. It's like walking into a AA meeting and asking everyone if they would like a beer, the results are predictable.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

The same liberal website that we do not visit by choice, and yet, 81% for carry. Hmmm.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

The same liberal website that we do not visit by choice, and yet, 81% for carry. Hmmm.
    Does sound fishy doesn't it. Maybe the sheeple are seeing the light.

What was I thinking???

I think word of this poll spread across all the pro gun forums and we did break the bell curve. I'm not complaining, I think it's a good thing
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Good post I would have never in a million years gone to MSNBC otherwise.

Maybe you are right we should all crawl into some dark place and never let anyone see us, just keep to are self and maybe they will go away. The poll is in our favor, oh never mind I am going back to my rock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links