Restricted Glock 19 magazines

This is a discussion on Restricted Glock 19 magazines within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a number of magazines for my G-19 (standard 15 rds); they are all marked "RESTRICTED GOV'T/LE ONLY" across the top. It never bothered ...

Thread: Restricted Glock 19 magazines

I have a number of magazines for my G-19 (standard 15 rds); they are all marked "RESTRICTED GOV'T/LE ONLY" across the top.

It never bothered me until now, as the possibility of some kind of AWB ban is looming.
    I know, last time, the "pre-ban" mags were OK but they were not marked.
    This time, even if the "pre-new ban" mags are grandfathered in, considering that the average cop is not versed in the details of every law, I feel things could go bad on a police stop, at least for a while.

On top of that, it seems these mags are back-ordered almost everywhere or for sale at a stupid price.

I would be interested in hearing your opinions!
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

The LE only was in place during the last ban. Since the ban is expired, so what. I wouldn't worry until a new ban is in place.

Common sense would hint that an off-again-on-again ban on "GOV'T/LE Only" marked GLOCK mags would require a grandfather clause. But common sense isn't very common anymore. If you're too concerned to risk it, sell your marked hi-cap mags to someone who isn't so concerned (there are plenty of willing buyers) & use the $$ to pay the current premium for hi-cap unmarked GLOCK mags where you can find them.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by chenemf View Post
    The LE only was in place during the last ban. Since the ban is expired, so what. I wouldn't worry until a new ban is in place.
    If I wait until the new ban is in place, it will be too late
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Common sense would hint that an off-again-on-again ban on "GOV'T/LE Only" marked GLOCK mags would require a grandfather clause. But common sense isn't very common anymore. If you're too concerned to risk it, sell your marked hi-cap mags to someone who isn't so concerned (there are plenty of willing buyers) & use the $$ to pay the current premium for hi-cap unmarked GLOCK mags where you can find them.
    Yep that's what I'm thinking to do.

BTW, I love your sig

jfl

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    All the 'restricted' mags I have say "Restricted law enforcement/government use only 10-94". You'd think that in the future they'd have a different date for whenever the new AWB is passed...

Anyway, I don't think there will be any difference between LE marked post-94 mags and non-LE marked post 94 mags, even if any ban is retroactive. The post-94 10+ mags that are not LE marked most likely are still date marked, so in the event that only pre-94 mags are legal your new ones would still be demonstrably illegal.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    All the 'restricted' mags I have say "Restricted law enforcement/government use only 10-94". You'd think that in the future they'd have a different date for whenever the new AWB is passed...

Anyway, I don't think there will be any difference between LE marked post-94 mags and non-LE marked post 94 mags, even if any ban is retroactive. The post-94 10+ mags that are not LE marked most likely are still date marked, so in the event that only pre-94 mags are legal your new ones would still be demonstrably illegal.

Thanks !!!

You just saved me a bunch of $$ and the aggravation to sell the mags.
    I had never noticed the date engraved on the mags; they have 9.13.94 so I am good

Great guys on a great forum. Thanks again.

jfl

One would think that those would be grandfathered with a possible new ban...so long as they do have the date stamped on them. I'm just guessing there are plenty of these 'marked' LEO/govt only Glock mags still on the market simply because there are some folks like me that won't touch them. Call it thwat you want, but if I go into a smoke free facility, I don't even carry my cigarettes......that way there's never any question. Technically you're okay with the mags you have, but we all know too well how the technicalities sometimes get obscured under certain pretenses. Just my opinion, and as to why I've personally stayed clear of them....even some of the AR-15 magazines I've seen lately have the '94 ban' stamp on them. Far as I'm concerned those who are trying to get rid of this inventory can either hold on to them, or sell them to LEO or military as designated.

Sponsored Links