Obama's Effect

This is a discussion on Obama's Effect within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I've been considering picking up a bolt action rife for hunting and went to Buds Guns shops web site to get some prices and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Effect

Obama's Effect

So I've been considering picking up a bolt action rife for hunting and went to Buds Guns shops web site to get some prices and I find this. Appears that their site has crashed due to the user load.

Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

I'm able to get on the site.

You kinda jumped to a big conclusion.

Database tables go corrupt from time to time, the site is back up, let's move on and leave politics out of this.
    Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

I talked to a guy over there recently and he did say that the site has had a considerable amount of traffic. But he chalked it up to the time of the year more so than our president elect. They are a VERY busy online dealer anyway and great people to deal with.
    S&W M&P 340--HK P2000 V2 40SW--HK P2000SK V2 40SW--Beretta 92 INOX Vertec--SIG P220 45ACP

Phil 1:6

Administrator
    Just checked. The site is up and running.
    It could be nothing more than the fact that this is usually a huge shopping weekend in general.
    In fact Cyber Monday is coming right up and that is when tons of on-line shoppers shop.

Yes, I know the site is up and running. It was back running not too long after I posted the message. But that wasn't the point of my message. It was more to show a concrete example of the fear that Obama has imparted into people regarding guns. I've never seen Bud's site crash, until now. Obviously, based on the table name, there is alot of traffic to the site these days.

We have a lot of traffic at our local gun dealers as well, but Christmas is just around the corner & it's hunting season. I'm not trying to discredit your post or anything, I'm just saying all things don't lead back to one sorce.
    "For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security."
    Thomas Jefferson

Again...the "Obama effect" is only a fallacy. Whatever is happening now is the 'people effect'...the panic attack. This effect you speak of...does it control your mind? Has it changed you? Would you jump from a bridge or cut off your right index finger because of this so called "effect"? Will you continue to let the "effect" run or ruin your life?

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Again...the "Obama effect" is only a fallacy. Whatever is happening now is the 'people effect'...the panic attack. This effect you speak of...does it control your mind? Has it changed you? Would you jump from a bridge or cut off your right index finger because of this so called "effect"? Will you continue to let the "effect" run or ruin your life?
    I don't know what you call it, but I asked for a price on a RRA AR15 upper yesterday and the guy said "Oh, $900." I think a year ago they were about $550 IIRC. If the price has been affected, who cares if it's panic or Obama. I wanted another upper darn it.

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    I don't know what you call it, but I asked for a price on a RRA AR15 upper yesterday and the guy said "Oh, $900." I think a year ago they were about $550 IIRC. If the price has been affected, who cares if it's panic or Obama. I wanted another upper darn it.
    You can thank the panicking herd more than anything else. It disgusts me as well. Who cares? Not sure really...nobody cares much anymore about anyone but themselves. Your fellow man, your brother, your fellow American has stabbed you in the back. More to come. Supply, demand, and the herd mentality. Not much better than the sheep stampede at sight of the wolf if you ask me. To think that it's like a pack of wild animals. You'll see it in the line for food when that becomes in short supply. Know your fellow man and what he's really capable of. Think of yourself getting killed over a block of cheese. Oh....it's real alright. Just the beginning. Trust nobody, get rid of all your feelings of compassion. Prepare yourself for the wave of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You can thank the panicking herd more than anything else. It disgusts me as well. Who cares? Not sure really...nobody cares much anymore about anyone but themselves. Your fellow man, your brother, your fellow American has stabbed you in the back. More to come. Supply, demand, and the herd mentality. Not much better than the sheep stampede at sight of the wolf if you ask me. To think that it's like a pack of wild animals. You'll see it in the line for food when that becomes in short supply. Know your fellow man and what he's really capable of. Think of yourself getting killed over a block of cheese. Oh....it's real alright. Just the beginning. Trust nobody, get rid of all your feelings of compassion. Prepare yourself for the wave of the future.
    Well said, man, well said. It's partially frightening, partially frustrating, but overall just the proof of who people really are. I like to believe in brotherhood, helping your fellow man and all that. As time goes on, however, my idealistic outlook on life is becoming more and more jaded. I hate to say it, but it's survival of the fittest, no matter how you look at it.
    Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The Obama effect? Hardly. This is just the flock panicking again. These are the same people who thought the world was coming to an end on January 1 2000. The merchants in turn, are taking advantage by jacking up prices therefore continuing the panic.

Obama effect

We all hope the Obama effect turns out to be just panic. I'm not so sure about that, however. Obama has voted for every anti-gun bill he's ever had the chance to and said he's against concealed weapons.

On Saturday, the Orlando gun show had more visitors than I've ever seen there before. You couldn't even move. One of the police officers working the show told me it was the biggest attendance he's ever seen there. It might be just panic, but it's real panic.

I got an e-mail from them this past week saying that they might be closing down their website for a while to catch up on orders. They haven't done it yet, but I just thought I would share with you as a heads up.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just hope that all these folks who are buying up these weapons stand up with the rest of us when and if we have to defend the right to have them!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links