Gun show regret

This is a discussion on Gun show regret within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I went to a local gun show last weekend to pick up a new holster and some OC spray for my fiancee. While at the ...

Thread: Gun show regret

Gun show regret

I went to a local gun show last weekend to pick up a new holster and some OC spray for my fiancee.
    While at the show I came across one of the guys that I deer hunt with. I knew he was going to be at the show with a table set up because he mentioned it to me at deer camp.
    He was selling two long guns for my Dad, and a few guns from his collection, plus a couple of hand guns for a friend of his.
    I was checking out the hand guns an noticed that he had a Really nice 38 special with about a 4" barrel. The gun seemed in percect condition and he was asking $200. At the time I never even thought about buying it, but later I was thinking, "Wow that seems like a pretty good price" Now I wish I had made an offer of like $175.

BTW the other hand gun he had for sale was a 44 magnum with a really long barrel. I am not sure but I think it may have been the same model as the original Dirty Harry movie.

I don't remember for sure how much he wanted for the 44 mag.
    What would be a good price for a 44 mag in a 6" or longer barrel?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    What brand? What condition?
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Value of any gun is determined by several things. Manufacturer, model, condition and how bad the buyer want it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Lead Moderator
    The best way I have found to figure value once you know the model, make and condition is to check online gun auctions. Gun broker or Auction arms mostly.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

He's selling guns for YOUR Dad and you wish you would have low-balled him down to $175?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Husker,

The guns sold for his dad were "two long guns" and the handguns he was selling were for "a friend of his [the seller's friend]".

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    What brand? What condition?
    To be honest I wasn't thinking about buying it since the future ball and chain was with me so I did't even inquire as to make or model. I would guess it might have been a colt. He did say he thought that it may have been a police issue at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    To be honest I wasn't thinking about buying it since the future ball and chain was with me so I did't even inquire...
    Ummm... Are you thinking twice about this future spouse?
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Ummm... Are you thinking twice about this future spouse?

It's impossible to tell you how much something is worth without knowing what brand/condition...

-Jeff-

Links