Is this a good deal? XD-.40 SubCompact w/ XML - Page 3

Is this a good deal? XD-.40 SubCompact w/ XML

This is a discussion on Is this a good deal? XD-.40 SubCompact w/ XML within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by NaturalSelection at $550 you werent looking at "quality" 1911s. decent base models certainly, but you really dont get into "quality" until you ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this a good deal? XD-.40 SubCompact w/ XML

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalSelection
    at $550 you werent looking at "quality" 1911s. decent base models certainly, but you really dont get into "quality" until you break the $1000 mark and even then youre looking at medium grade. personally i prefer medium grade 1911s because theyre tuned to shoot very well, yet theyre not tuned so tightly that they fail to feed/fire when dirty.

nothing else matters (assuming the weapon functions as it should).

avoid the 1911 for now. get more experience with handguns and eventually graduate up to it.
    Where have you been shopping ? All of mine were under 1k and all very good only problem ive had a problem with was the smith 1911sc and it was almost 1 k

The rest that do get shot a lot are springfield loaded and not a problem so far with the steel ones or even the Lightweight alum framed ones

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Where have you been shopping ? All of mine were under 1k and all very good
    "very good" is relavant to the shooter. i thought my $400 GI version springfield was "very good" until i fired an upper end 1911. my GI springfield is still "very good" as weapons go, but as 1911s go its a base model. in my reply im referencing the entire 1911 scale, from the $400 GI version to a $3500 wilson. any reputable 1911 will go "bang" when you pull the trigger, and any reputable 1911 will function reliably and provide what it was designed to do. to say that my $400 GI springfield is in the same class as my $1200 springfield TRP however, would be inaccurate. the difference in quality can be felt the instant you pick them up, and the differences only become more apparent when you fire them. both will kill you, both will feed and fire, but my $400 GI springfield is a base model, and my $1200 springfield TRP is a medium grade weapon. i own several other medium grade 1911s ($900-$1600) from other manufacturers that sit in a safe because i dont trust them to perform anywhere outside the range. personally i wouldnt carry any upper end ($2000+) 1911 for defensive purposes, but thats just my preference.

only problem ive had a problem with was the smith 1911sc and it was almost 1 k
    that can be easily explained. smith doesnt build a 1911. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    I guess I may have stumbled into a hornets nest here
    nah, we're on the same page here......we're both 1911 purists/enthusiasts/nuts.

i wouldnt trade my 1911s for anything. my 1911s are my favorite weapons to own and shoot.....i only carry a glock 31 because i recognize certain tactical advantages to it that i feel are important. if i were ever in a position that i could only own 1 weapon, it would be my springfield TRP.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links