Local Gun Dealer Refused Shipment from Davidsons Gallery of Guns

This is a discussion on Local Gun Dealer Refused Shipment from Davidsons Gallery of Guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If that would have happened to me, with my temperment and a desire to "get back at ya" attitude, for the rest of my natural ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Local Gun Dealer Refused Shipment from Davidsons Gallery of Guns

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    If that would have happened to me, with my temperment and a desire to "get back at ya" attitude, for the rest of my natural life, I would bad mouth him and tell everyone that wants to listen and those that don't that he is not worthy of a penny from anyone. I would tell everyone around, I would tell the story on every forum I visit, even to non-humans. Everyone in the world would know his name, business name, and what happened. I did it before and would do it again. What a hammerhead!!!!
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

2. Remove Ads

I'd find a new shop and tell him why I won't be back.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Let me get this right. He refuses to sell you a gun with a 20 round magazine that shoots a 28.5 grain bullet at just over 2100 fps but has no problem selling you a gun (AR-15) that can accept a 100 round magazine and shoots a 40 grain bullet at 3800 fps. Great business decision.

While doing a little net searching before I responded, I ran across this article. Your gun dealer and the idgit that made the last quote in that article must be brothers, considering the Five SeveN wasn't introduced until 2000.
    Three Men Charged With Possession Of "Cop Killer" Handgun

By: NY1 News
    Three men in Queens have been charged with the illegal possession of a so-called "cop killer" handgun.

The weapon is said to be capable of easily penetrating most bulletproof police vests and plates. The three men facing charges are from the Hammel Houses in Far Rockaway.

Senator Chuck Schumer is among those pushing to have the gun, called the Fabrique Nationale 5.7 outlawed.

Itís the first time that this particular gun has been recovered in New York.

Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said the "cop killer" gun has a 20-round magazine, is able to shoot 50 to 100 yards with great accuracy and its bullet can pierce 48 layers of Kevlar.

Brown said that of the 616 police officers killed in the line of duty nationwide between 1994 and 2003, 425 were killed with this handgun.
    Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

VIP Member
    Since when has facts and the truth carried any weight with Chuckie, the Brady bunch or the press?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I am happy to hear that you were able to pick up your purchase from a more reasonable dealer. As for the other guy, avoid him like the plague and tell your friends to do so too. Good luck.

The owner of that shop per his statements has his facts mixed up.
    Further a 12ga slug and other rifle rounds will penetrate police body armor too. Will he sell you an Remington 870 shotgun or 700 rifle chambered in *.anything?

Simply find a new FFL to do business with.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I think I'd take the weapon and the above quoted statistics into the shop and take charge of this one conversation.

"I bought this from XXX at YYY price. Cheaper than you, and I still get the weapon that you refused to sell me, plus I will no longer do business with you. Have a great day."
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

No just go buy one single box of ammo,he will get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopard125 View Post
    No just go buy one single box of ammo,he will get the point.
    He would probably ask for LEO ID to purchase the 5.7 ammo if he even carries it - I'm not setting foot in that place again - that way I don't say something stupid. I try to stay away from knuckleheads. The new 01FFL just called me a few minutes ago and I pick it up tomorrow at 15:00 hrs. I'll post pictures when I get it.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

walvord,

Would it be worthwhile to make a complaint to the BBB? Make it read something like will not sell to non-leo's, etc....That way others folks have better visibility to see and avoid that shop.

Congrats on getting a better deal, even though you had to fight harder. Can't wait to see the pics!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Nosce Te Ipsum View Post
    walvord,

Would it be worthwhile to make a complaint to the BBB? Make it read something like will not sell to non-leo's, etc....That way others folks have better visibility to see and avoid that shop.

Congrats on getting a better deal, even though you had to fight harder. Can't wait to see the pics!

Steve
    I think between me, Grady, and that new 01FFL, we'll spread the word just fine. I know what you're saying about the BBB and I have gone that route before with businesses that give lousy service, but I believe I've read somewhere that 01FFL dealers have the discretion to sell to you or not just on their whim but that's usually because someone looks pretty unsavory or something - I didn't even make it into the store. I could stand corrected on that though.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

VIP Member
    I'd tell that dealer he needs to stop selling any firearms in 30-30, .223, .308, 7.62x39, 7.62x54, 30-06, or most of the other hunting calibers as they too will go through soft body armor

how stupid, definitely let them know they lost a customer and that you'll make sure word will spread
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I find the whole "it will pierce their protective vests" argument illogical. A compound bow with a hunting arrow broadhead WILL pierce their vests yet these weapons aren't restricted to LEO only.

The whole "LEO only" thing is silly and appears to be based on "Neener neener, we can have it but you can't" schoolyard behavior.

I'm just going to add my voice to the folks urging you to find a new dealer. As many others have pointed out there are a multitude of ways to pierce armor, including many hand-held implements available at the grocery store. I wouldn't bother arguing with him either. Imagine you have a problem down the road... what happens when you need good service? Better to find someone who will provide good service now. You must have a pretty good idea of how he's going to treat you if there are any issues now.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    He's perfectly within his rights not to sell any gun he doesn't want to, and to select his clientelle. Of course, you've got the right to select another gunshop, too - look on Gallery of Guns and use their zip code FFL finder. You can probably find someone fairly close who'll charge only a low transfer fee.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links