Handguns for ARs?

Handguns for ARs?

This is a discussion on Handguns for ARs? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In this "panic buying, gotta get them before they're gone" situation we're dealing with, I just wonder how many folks are selling their extra handguns ...

Handguns for ARs?

In this "panic buying, gotta get them before they're gone" situation we're dealing with, I just wonder how many folks are selling their extra handguns in order to purchase ARs?

I must admit, I've personally thought of doing this myself. I've collected only 4 handguns, but typically carry only one - my Glock 21. Also have a Glock 36 and an M&P45. Rarely use those two.
    But of course, I do enjoy having them.

Thoughts?
    Boomer Sooner!

Everyone is different, but I get much more use out of all of my handguns then I ever would out of a rifle.

-Jeff-

Seems to me that the gun stores would be making out twice on doing something like that... first, getting your gun for about half of what it's really worth, and second... getting a jacked up price AR sale.
    Boomer Sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin70 View Post
    Seems to me that the gun stores would be making out twice on doing something like that... first, getting your gun for about half of what it's really worth, and second... getting a jacked up price AR sale.
    Definitely.

I have always wanted an AR ever since I was a little guy. Unfortunately I cannot see myself shooting it very often at all, therefore I stick with my pistols. I've thought about purchasing one just so that I'd have it when I got older, but I can't justify it nor do I have the cash.

-Jeff-

Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin70 View Post
    If I was to do something like that, I would not trade with a gun store. I would sell my handguns privately, then purchase the AR.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

IMO

About 95% of the time, gunowners regret selling a gun they sell (unless they did not liked the gun in the first place).

I can understand the concern that an AR my get banned or something like that, but I doubt ARs will get banned.

If I thought really hard about it, and even if I didn't already have an AR-15, I don't figure any of my pistols would go to the cause of obtaining one. All of my pistols are keepers. I might sell one to help feed my family for a week if need be, but in my current situation, none of my pistols would be leaving me. (Hey! that rhymes!). On the other hand...if you've got some pistols that never feel your love, then by all means, go for what will make you happy. That's what it's all about. I've been down that road. I'm no longer searching.

I'm not selling off any, but I am trying to buy one from a young fella(21) locally. He bought it about 2 months ago, shot 10 rounds through it, and now doesn't have time to shoot it anymore.

Tonight he was complaining that ammo was $10 a box. I said well, when you stop by tomorrow, have a price for me of what you want for it, and I'll let you know. I think his dad will talk some sense into him tonight, but if he doesn't, then I WILL have an AR by Friday.

I've got 500 rounds in the safe. No problem with price of ammo for me.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I would never think of selling my favorite handguns to fund a rifle purchase, my Glock 19 especially. I could get more use out of a handgun, but a rifle is nice to have as well.

Fortunately I didn't have to sell any of my handguns to fund my AR-15 purchase, so life is good!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Acctually I have been thinking of selling my AR to get a Kimber .308
    كافر

NO

Every piece I buy is for the keeping, I don't make alot of money so when I've saved the $$ to make a purchase it really means alot to me, alot of hours worked for the gun.

Plus I already have the AR I could ever want. M1A SOCOM II.

I can hunt with it, and have fun at marksmanship and it's .308 baby

Links