Of all the stuff to find at Harbor Freight

This is a discussion on Of all the stuff to find at Harbor Freight within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I knew they were expanding beyond tools, but this one threw me. Single hand gun safe - Gun Vault...

Thread: Of all the stuff to find at Harbor Freight

Of all the stuff to find at Harbor Freight

I knew they were expanding beyond tools, but this one threw me.

Single hand gun safe - Gun Vault
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    "Gun Not Included"

Darn, I was going to buy one until I saw that statement.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    "Gun Not Included"

Darn, I was going to buy one until I saw that statement.
    Now, you know they've got to say that or they'll end up getting sued by some knucklehead who will, at the very least, end up with a settlement from them.

I buy from them frequently and saw that in an e-mail ad they sent to me today. Eight (8) AAA's...wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Papi View Post
    Eight (8) AAA's...wow!
    Wal Mart has the 8-AA Duracell package for $6.25!
    That is interesting...I couldn't find the price however.....I may call my local store. I take it that this safe has mounting options? Anyone with experience?

On a podcast a while back, Tom Gresham from Gun Talk told about buying some noise reduction headsets from Harbor Freight for $40 or so. He said the only difference he noticed between theirs and the $200 made-for-shooting ones was that the cheapos took about 1/2 a second longer to come back to normal sound after shooting.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    That is interesting...I couldn't find the price however.....I may call my local store. I take it that this safe has mounting options? Anyone with experience?
    I bought several 4 packs of AA rechargeables at harbor freight on sale for like 3.99 I wonder how much that thing is
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I use this same gun vault for my ready gun, ( I have a 17 and 12 year old sons and their friends over) and cannot risk having a weapon hidden in a drawer or closet. My other weapons are locked in a gun safe. This single gun vault can have a unique combination, in addition to opening with a key, and can be securely mounted to any flat surface with screws or bolts. It is a must have item for a ready gun in a house with children.

It has simple holes in the bottom that you can use to bolt the safe down. I got mine almost 10 years ago, so I can't remember if it actually came with the bolts. Over-all it's very nice and has held up flawlessly over the years. It works and looks as good as it did day 1.

It will also tell you if someone has unsuccessfully entered a code, which is a nice feature. It MUST be bolted down, or the whole safe will just walk away along with the contents.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    On a podcast a while back, Tom Gresham from Gun Talk told about buying some noise reduction headsets from Harbor Freight for $40 or so. He said the only difference he noticed between theirs and the $200 made-for-shooting ones was that the cheapos took about 1/2 a second longer to come back to normal sound after shooting.
    That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

-Jeff-

The main problem with Harbor Freight is that they sell mainly seconds, blems, and overstocks. Check your purchase carefully before buying.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

What kinda price we looking at guys,what did u pay for yours
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The coupon that I received said $99.00. Regular price...$99.00
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    The main problem with Harbor Freight is that they sell mainly seconds, blems, and overstocks. Check your purchase carefully before buying.
    True, but Gunvault had fine customer service when I had a problem. They come with a 1 yr warranty. 6mo or so after buying mine (from a gunshop, though) the motor would whirr but the door would open without the key. I was at first ticked because I called customer service several times a day for like a week and noone would answer. Finally, I broke down and left a message, not expecting to hear anything. I got a call within 30 minutes and a friendly guy asked me to describe the problem. I told him what it was doing and they sent a new one out. I received it the same week, they only asked that I send back the old one with the shipping label they included.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

That would be a good install in my truck for when I'm on post to secure my side arm until I leave post for the day.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

They do not list prices for store, unless it is on sell, online as they vary by location. You can look on

www.harborfreight.com

and see the regular price. The store website is

www.harborfreightusa.com

They legally are 2 different compaines, that way they do not have to charge sales tax on a online purchase, even if there is a store in your state.

Here is the link to the one on Harbor Freight webpage with price....

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93473
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Links