BX/PX Weapons Sales

This is a discussion on BX/PX Weapons Sales within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently visited the PX at Killeen (Ft Hood) Texas. They have been selling guns for about a month now. They have a limited stock ...

Thread: BX/PX Weapons Sales

BX/PX Weapons Sales

I recently visited the PX at Killeen (Ft Hood) Texas. They have been selling guns for about a month now. They have a limited stock in their store but they can order just about anything legal that you want. One of the sellers told me that currently five AAFES main stores (Barksdale AFB, LA, Eglin AFB FL, Ft Hood TX, Elmendorf AFB AK & he forgot the last one) sell guns now and they're quickly trying to expand. He gave me a web site that tells what they have available but I lost it. Does anyone know what it is? Prices seemed a bit high for some models but I guess you save when it comes to taxes and they either matched or beat some of the local gun shop prices.

2. Remove Ads

Ft. Knox PX is selling firearms now. I rarely go on post since I retired but did go to check it out.

Prices were not great and the sales folks had no firearms knowledge.
    I get better prices and selection off post.

Dave

Quantico MCB MCX also sells firearms......I do not have a website of the AAFES stores that sell firearms
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

The only one I am near is Hill Air Force Base in UT. Any infor on it??

I remember years ago when most posts had a Rod & Gun Club that sold weapons. Most had good deals, but sadly I don't think their are any Rod & Gun clubs on posts that sell weapons any more.

Some one correct me if I'm wrong.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Back in '06, I was TDY at Eielson AFB in Fairbanks. They sell guns, too.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

AAFES prices are not competitive with off base... At least not on Eglin.

And they don't sell to AAFES associates...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4ZRC View Post
    AAFES prices are not competitive with off base... At least not on Eglin.

And they don't sell to AAFES associates...
    As long as the associate is qualified to shop in the exchange, I don't see how they can deny them.

As far as competitive pricing, the exchange system has never been know for great prices, contrary to what many non-military may think. What can make a difference though, is in states with sales tax which most states do have, you do not pay sales tax at the exchange. On high dollar items that can make for a substantial savings.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    As long as the associate is qualified to shop in the exchange, I don't see how they can deny them.

As far as competitive pricing, the exchange system has never been know for great prices, contrary to what many non-military may think. What can make a difference though, is in states with sales tax which most states do have, you do not pay sales tax at the exchange. On high dollar items that can make for a substantial savings.
    I agree with you. As long as they have priveledges to shop there, the associate should be good to go. But no alcohol, tobacco, or firearm sales to associates...

Most of the time there tire prices are better than downtown though I will definately give them credit there!!

A little over a decade ago, I worked for AAFES, and I could buy whatever I wanted.

-JT

I wish the days of the Rod & Gun Club would come back. Now it's mostly up to the base commander whether guns can be sold and my closest base doesn't sell them.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    I remember years ago when most posts had a Rod & Gun Club that sold weapons. Most had good deals, but sadly I don't think their are any Rod & Gun clubs on posts that sell weapons any more.

Some one correct me if I'm wrong.
    On Ft Leavenworth, KS the Skeet Club "Brunner Range" sells guns and does FFL transfers. The manager is a great guy to deal with.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

Links