Another increase in gun sale story...out of Chicago

This is a discussion on Another increase in gun sale story...out of Chicago within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Truth In Politics: Gun Sales Boom After Election Emphasis is mine. CHICAGO (CBS) ― Gun sellers say the election of Barack Obama is helping them ...

Thread: Another increase in gun sale story...out of Chicago

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Another increase in gun sale story...out of Chicago

Truth In Politics: Gun Sales Boom After Election

Emphasis is mine.

CHICAGO (CBS) ― Gun sellers say the election of Barack Obama is helping them avoid the recession. Sales of new guns are booming - up an estimated 50 percent in the suburbs.

In Wednesday's Truth in Politics, CBS 2 Political Editor Mike Flannery reports the gun lobby spent big trying to defeat Obama this year, outraged by his promise to reinstate a ban on military-style assault weapons. On talk radio, he was denounced as a "gun grabber." Now, as Obama heads to the White House, millions are rushing to reload.

Business has rarely been better for certified arms instructor Jan Gofron.

He's teaching a flood of new students about semi-automatic handguns as well as tactical shot guns some call "street sweepers."

The most powerful weapons are disappearing fastest from local gun shops. At Elmwood Park's Illinois Gun Works, sales started soaring as it became apparent Barack Obama would win the White House.

"Once people started to realize that the Democrats had a better chance, or seemed to have a better chance, they started getting nervous about certain gun regulations," said Illinois Gun Works' Owner Dan Mastrianni.

Recent gun sales are up nationally 42 percent. In Illinois, they are up 38 percent; and in Chicago's suburbs 50 percent.

"It's simply paranoia," said Thomas Mannard of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence. "And it's irresponsible, from my point of view, to be touting how wonderful this is. More guns definitely equal more death."

Mannard worked with then-state Sen. Barack Obama to pass Illinois' ban on assault weapons. Obama also helped close a loophole that allowed gun shows to sell weapons without doing background checks on buyers. Mannard now hopes for a national law.

Gun dealers say the threat of new rules will keep their sales booming.

"I don't expect this to slow down anytime soon," Mastrianni said. "What happened during Prohibition? Whatever people can't have, that's what they want. They can't get enough of it."

Like many, Mastrianni does not believe gun issues are anywhere near top of the president-elect's political agenda. Senior Advisor David Axelrod declined to discuss what, if any, gun-related legislation the administration might propose, nor when. He noted they are busy picking people for top jobs.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Hizzoner Daley must be livid!

I'm not helping the cause I have one on layaway

jfl
    Even in Illannoy ... does that mean something ???
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Hizzoner Daley must be livid!

I hope Illinois gets its [deleted] together. I have a sister-in-law there who is very afraid of her ex. I want her to be able to carry so she can defend herself against him.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    I hope Illinois gets its [deleted] together. I have a sister-in-law there who is very afraid of her ex. I want her to be able to carry so she can defend herself against him.
    +1 I have a step daughter there, who we just found out is being stalked by her ex.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    As long as the Daleys' have one ounce of power or influence in Chicago, there will never be legal concealed carry in Illinois. Even if all the Daleys disappeared tomorrow, Chicago is still run by the Democratic machine, which is as liberal as our President Elect. And since Chicago dominates the rest of the state, the reality is the (corrupt) Democratic machine pretty much runs the state.

War on guns - more gun sales. War on booze - more booze sales. War on drugs - more drug sales. The politicos just never learn to leave well enough alone.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

I plan on buying a S&W M&P 40c and 9c at the funshow next weekend,plus I got 4 AR15 stripped lowers ordered
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If people understand the anti's future possible actions and race to buy guns? Why don't they race to 'vote' these anti politicians out of office?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If people understand the anti's future possible actions and race to buy guns? Why don't they race to 'vote' these anti politicians out of office?
    You hit the nail on the head there. A lot of the same people who voted for BHO are the ones buying guns right. They can't blame anyone but themselves. Their vote was free to them, paid for with the price of blood by others and they could have saved themselves a lot of money.

Links