Obama says he believes in the 2nd Amendment

This is a discussion on Obama says he believes in the 2nd Amendment within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This just in from Drudge:Obama say's we don't need to buy guns http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...120808.article...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama says he believes in the 2nd Amendment

Obama says he believes in the 2nd Amendment

This just in from Drudge:Obama say's we don't need to buy guns http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...120808.article
    Mykel

more later...

2. Remove Ads

I'm sure that's very easy for him to say being surrounded by armed Secret Service agents 24/7. I bet you Obama didn't denounce the illegal gun grabbing in New Orleans in the wake of hurricane Katrina. We already know that he says whatever he thinks he needs to say for the audience he is addressing, so I'm not comforted at all by his rhetoric.

His view of the 2nd amendment is rather thin, though. He's of the mind that if you're part of a state militia then sure, you can have a gun.

Everyone that has a gun outside of a militia though, well of course they're all hillbillies "clinging to guns and religion as a way to express their frustrations." - Barack Obama

And here's a great quote from that article: "I think people can take me at my word."

[I]They make a desert and call it peace - Calgacus
    We're all just a bunch of Right Wing Racist Republican Homophobes - Rush L.

"Anyone who thinks they need to rush out and buy a firearm clearly has not been paying attention to how quickly we make progress on this issue. We don't think these are first-time buyers. We think they are people who already have more than enough guns at their homes to protect themselves and are buying more."
    AND YOUR POINT IS???? IDIOTS
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Please don't think that I am supporting, or that I believe anything that Obama says. I was just posting because I thought that it was interesting how easily he can lie. I personally don't think that he, now, or ever supported the 2nd Amendment. Hell, I'd be supprised if he had even read the Constution.
    Mykel

more later...

National Rifle Association spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said it's not Obama's words — but his legislative track record — that has gun-buyers flocking to the stores.

"Prior to his campaign for president, his record as a state legislator and as a U.S. Senator shows he voted for the most stringent forms of gun control, the most Draconian legislation, gun bans, ammunition bans and even an increase in federal excise taxes up to 500 percent for every gun and firearm sold," Arulanandam said.

Obama answered "yes" in 1996 to a questionnaire from an Illinois group on whether he supported a handgun ban. But he later said a staffer filled out that answer and he did not support a ban.

Nationally, background checks for gun purchases jumped nearly 49 percent during the week Obama was elected, compared with the same time period last year, according to the FBI's National Instant Background Check System.

"We don't dispute [the gun sales hike] because the numbers from the federal system certainly confirm that there is increased activity out there. We just think it's a bit stupid," said Peter Hamm, spokesman for the Brady Campaign against Gun Violence.

"Anyone who thinks they need to rush out and buy a firearm clearly has not been paying attention to how quickly we make progress on this issue. We don't think these are first-time buyers. We think they are people who already have more than enough guns at their homes to protect themselves and are buying more."
    Yeah, Obama is already a bold faced liar on guns...why should anyone worry or buy guns while they still can?!

Obama: Don't stock up on guns :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: 44: Barack Obama
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

I think there will be a lot of surprises after Jan. As for me, I am still stocking up on my ammo and plan to purchase my new 5th gun before then.
    NRA Member
    Ret. LEO

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mykeld View Post
    Please don't think that I am supporting, or that I believe anything that Obama says. I was just posting because I thought that it was interesting how easily he can lie. I personally don't think that he, now, or ever supported the 2nd Amendment. Hell, I'd be supprised if he had even read the Constution.
    This may surprise you but his law dergee is in Consitutional Law from Havard, so I am sure he has read the Consitution of the United States.

I do not agree with his thoughts on the Second Admendment but he has been more moderate than I thought he would be so far (which is not really saying much because Mao would be to the right of where I believed Obama would be)
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Because Barack Obama's campaign promise
    not to take away our guns is a lie.

He's not even in office, yet he's fired the opening salvos in a war against the future of the Second Amendment, our hunting and shooting traditions, and YOU.

Obama's FIRST attack on YOU: Appointing Illinois Congressman Rahm Emanuel to be White House Chief of Staff. In Congress, Emanuel earned an "F" rating from NRA, and while working in the Clinton Administration, he was known as the "point man on gun control." He is an avowed enemy of the Second Amendment and will wield enormous power in the battle for the future of our firearm freedoms.

Obama's SECOND attack on YOU: If Hillary Clinton is confirmed as Secretary of State, she'll rip the Second Amendment right out of the Bill of Rights. She'll be our nation's top diplomat with the power to determine whether the United Nations will pass, and Obama will sign, a global gun ban treaty that will surrender our Second Amendment rights and our national sovereignty.

Obama's THIRD attack on YOU: Nominating ex-Senator and former Majority Leader Tom Daschle-an avowed enemy of NRA-to be Secretary of Health and Human Services. NRA was responsible for defeating Daschle when he ran in South Dakota for re-election to the Senate. If Daschle is confirmed, he could hold the ultimate power to declare guns a "public health menace" and regulate away our essential liberties.

Obama's FOURTH attack on YOU: Nominating Eric Holder to be Attorney General. As former Assistant Attorney General, Holder was a key architect and vocal advocate for the Clinton era's sweeping gun ban agenda. He supported national handgun licensing, mandatory trigger locks, and ending gun shows as we know them.

Just recently, Holder opposed the District of Columbia's Heller decision that declared the Second Amendment an individual right. Holder also called for reviving the Clinton gun bans and, as Attorney General, would fight in court to prevent the landmark Heller decision from being made applicable to state and local governments.

Worst of all, if Holder is confirmed as the nation's top law-enforcement officer, he would control BATFE and wield enormous power to harass gun owners and sue America's arms makers out of existence.

Obama's FIFTH attack on YOU: In the job application for the Obama Administration, he made it clear that gun owners are second-class citizens and told 80 million gun owners not to even bother applying for a job. In the "White House Personnel Data Questionnaire" he asked:

"Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide
    complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever
    lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has
    been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage."

This chilling notice to gun owners-that they are not welcome to serve in his Administration-shows the deep hostility for Americans' Second Amendment Freedoms that Obama and his Administration have in their hearts.

On its face, that question endorses gun registration-a mandate in only five states in our nation-and buys into the anti-gun premise that firearms are inherently dangerous and gun owners are prone to misusing them.

That's an outrageous mindset, especially for the President-elect whose sworn duty will be to uphold the U.S. Constitution, including our right to keep and bear arms.

Obama CLEARLY wants to make gun registration the law of the land.

First for employees under his control...AND THEN FOR YOU.

Working with a Congress dominated by gun haters like Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, John Conyers, Henry Waxman, and Charles Schumer!!!

Rubbing salt in gun owner wounds is the Brady Campaign, which just issued a completely bogus poll claiming that two-thirds of the Americans-including 60% of all gun owners-favor gun registration, licensing of firearm owners, and other sweeping restrictions on our firearm freedoms!

Add it all up and you have the potential
    for a Second Amendment disaster that's unlike
    any other NRA members have ever battled.
    Just got that in an NRA email!

Stock up and be aware!
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Who is that guy from the Brady Campaign to tell me (or anyone else) when I have "enough" guns?

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Who is that guy from the Brady Campaign to tell me (or anyone else) when I have "enough" guns?
    If you buy enough Congresspersons you can impose any rules you like on innocent unsuspecting citizens...
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Almost starting to sound like Y2K all over again.

I hope I am just being paranoid, but I feel that we be circlin' the drain.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Almost starting to sound like Y2K all over again.

I hope I am just being paranoid, but I feel that we be circlin' the drain.
    I feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by frankinstine View Post
    I feel the same way.
    I'm not too worried, the votes are not there to rewrite the Constitution or even amend it to any significant degree.

People are missing the point that we are the "United States" and not just "America" which means the states have always and will always keep the controlling factor when it comes to legislation.

The states have always held the trump card when it comes to policy which is in direct opposition to true legislation related to the Constitution and the granted freedoms.

Even the mighty FOAA and Patriot Act have significant forbearance written in which can be exceeded by states and their internal legislation.

Try living in CA or NY for a while and then tell me you are worried Obama is going to do anything to the 2A. In those states the damage is already done and it had nothing to do with the president.

Obama "believes in the 2nd Amendment"...

Brings this verse to mind:

James 2:19 (New International Version)
    "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that..."

But don't listen to me, I'm just clinging to my Guns and Religion... Uh, I mean my Religion, I don't have any guns, yea, that's the ticket! O_o

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links