Defensive Carry banner

Taking my class!

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  P95Carry 
#1 ·
I knew i saw a CCW class offerd here in town. I found the flyer at a local truck stop and copied the info. Its instructed my a N.R.A certified instructor and ex-deputy sherrif and he is only charging $35 for the class and completion cert. The next class is this friday and im trying to get inrolled but i need to find out if i will have the $35 bucks by friday. Bills come first! heheh But I CANT WAIT!!!:danceban:

#5 ·
Yeah chris, very frusterating. My wife is starting to think im obsessed about guns all of a sudden. I have always wanted to carry but never really surged forward in my effort untill now. Mabie its because my dad died unexpectedly and by carrying i know that i will have a much better chance of survival and be able to defend my family if away from home. I dunno but its something ive always wanted to do and be able to do and now i have the means, so not much is going to stop me now. =)

#6 ·
Bump:

Its offical im in the class this friday night and its only a 3 hour class and the application process is done there, which is $65 for the permit which i may not have but i can turn in the application at anytime he said and he also said oregon is a "right to permit state" or something like that... meaning as long as i meet all the prerequisits (which i do) then i HAVE to be issued a permit! I wasnt worried but its nice to know that i wont be turned down. Then its off to sell that LC Smith to get my XD!!! heheh sorry just really excited!

#7 ·
Congratulations! It's a great feeling knowing you'll soon be able to carry LEGALLY, isn't it?! Sounds like your permit fees and process are a bit easier than here in TN, glad you're making the commitment to going forward with the permit process. Let us know how our class goes and GOOD LUCK!
Jack

#8 ·
Ahh its nice to finally be on the last step on the licance, The money part hahaha. Im trying to get some saved up or sell something to get the licance fee. Im a family man on a tight budget!! But lastnight i went down to the local gun shop and got my hands all over a Bersa Thunder .380 and the new XD .45 and MAN thouse are sweet guns!!! The Bersa was much bigger than i though from seeing a picture of it, but it still felt great in my large hands. I was suprised to find it was double action. and when the saftey is on it de-cocks that hammer but with saftey off you can then just pull the trigger and it will work just like a revolver. NICE! The Xd was even nicer, but alot more money!! So im not sure what im going to do but i know with bills mounting like crazy i might have to part with some other toys here around the house that I dont play with anymore to afford my new hobby \ lifestyle

#9 ·
Gelicious - IMO the Bersa is not a bad starter at all - it is my wife's carry right now altho I'd like to move her up to a 9mm.

For the money ($219 on GB I think - and for that same price we got a friend one at local gun shop) - it is a superb pistola. I too have quite large hands but find it a real gem to shoot - very good feel. I know .380 is not that special re power but that lil' gun can with modest practice put shots where you want.

Bit later - satisfy your jonesing for the XD!

#10 ·
There's a gun shop just down the road from me that charges 20% down for lay-away and a 2% service charge per month. As long as you pay at least the 2% fee they don't care how long you take to pay it off ... and their prices are fair too! I've bought my last 5 or 6 guns there - and probably my next one too.
Jack

#11 ·
Thanks guys! The bersa Is nice, I just wish it came in a larger caliber. But .380's have their advantages too. Here in town i can get one for 223.99 So i might just have to get one of thouse first and carry it. All depends on my money and mood! heheh Thanks guys for all your support, ill post a picture of my licance when i get it! hehe i plan on making a funny face for the licance!

#12 ·
Gelicious said:
Thanks guys! The bersa Is nice, I just wish it came in a larger caliber. But .380's have their advantages too. Here in town i can get one for 223.99 So i might just have to get one of thouse first and carry it. All depends on my money and mood! heheh Thanks guys for all your support, ill post a picture of my licance when i get it! hehe i plan on making a funny face for the licance!
For what it's worth, I know a CCW instructor who carries and swears by a Firestorm 380.

Take a look at the other Bersa and Firestorm products, you might find one that suits you. The Mini Firestroms and Bersa Ultra Compacts are only slightly larger in size and price than the 380. The links are below.

http://www.bersa-llama.com/

http://www.firestorm-sgs.com/products.htm

#13 ·
Yes - I should have mentioned - the Bersa Thunder .308 ain't all there is.

There is 9mm Bersa and IIRC a .45LC - so lots of choice - just that I have not yet tried 'em!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.