Sold my guns

Sold my guns

This is a discussion on Sold my guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Had to sell my gun and my wife's today. Hated every second of it. Got $300 for an XD .40 SC and $125 for a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sold my guns

Sold my guns

Had to sell my gun and my wife's today. Hated every second of it. Got $300 for an XD .40 SC and $125 for a Keltec P3AT. Could have done better I'm sure, but I'll take what I can get.

Gonna have to pick up some OC to cover us for awhile.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    that is truly a sad day...shoulda let me know, i woulda bought the P3AT!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm so sorry.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

You have your wife. Everything else is just a thing and can be replaced.

I feel your pain. I had 5 handguns, 3 shotguns, SKS, and 22 rifle.

Now all I have is 3 handguns (mine, the wife's, and my DE), my great granddaddy's Mossberg 20ga and my granddaddy's 22 rifle.

My truck is next on the hit list, then the wife's car, (down grade on both), the wife's motorcycle (all ready sold mine) then it may come to the DE. After that we really have nothing of value. We will loose the house before we give up either of our babies.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Sad...I'm quickly getting there....

I think a lot of us may get there in the same boat, it is pretty scary. I owe so much on the house than what it's worth, The banks can have it. Both my grandfather's had to start over after the depression, I guess I could do it also.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Quote Originally Posted by VtCO View Post
    Gonna have to pick up some OC to cover us for awhile.
    Or a couple of inexpensive folders, I'd prefer a knife to OC. Good luck in these hard times. Things can be replaced, remember to count your blessing... the 'things' that really matter.

God Bless
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Mindset and situational awareness are the most important part of your self-defense arsenal; having a firearm just gave you more options. If you can keep out of trouble you won't miss having a gun (as much!).

That sux,I got my house appraisal today for some documents and I almost crapped when I saw the value,then she said that don't include the land etc. and showed me the total which showed my house appreciating about 5%,I had to sell all my guns about 25 years ago between jobs and needed money,but I have a lot more today.hang in there and things will work out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    blasphemy!!!, I sold my first gun this weekend to one of my best friends. The [Edited] bought it, Because he knows I do not sell guns. He bought it more for the satisfaction of knowing he got my first one. and hopefully last one!!!

I am sorry some of you had to do it. Times are tough. Especially here in AZ. last night I heard on the radio. That AZ has the worst economy in the United States......I was like tell me something I don't know. But I guess it's official now.

On the brite side, They said that we will have a booming economy when this turns around. More than the rest of the country. Hopefully it will come around quick.

Stay safe
    Rocky

P.S.
    I lost 125k on my house a few months ago. I'm to afraid to look now.........
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; December 12th, 2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.

I've had to sell before , never fun. Stay focused and take care of business. Things will turn and you'll get your piece of mind back.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    I'm thinking of selling all but the most important before they are illegal. I think now is the time to sell, not buy. If, that is, your like me and can't bear to think of having to turn them in to be destroyed. I also think it makes sense in a buy low sell high kinda way too.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

You can do like me and clean out your house and sell unwanted stuff on Ebay. It is like a second job. My suggestion is sell the big ticket items first, electronics seems to go good.

Yeah, we too ran into some tough times and I had to sell my Ruger P90, Keltec P3AT, Ruger 10-22, and a Winchester .30-06. That left me with a 4" 5-shot Astra Cadix .38spcl, a H&R 20 ga. single shot, a 16 ga. bolt action, and a Winchester 94AE .3030. I tried to CC the .38 but it was a pain - front sight jabbed me and hammer got caught when drawing from a belly band. It's an odd make from the 60's and haven't found a good holster for it.

I was lucky enough to be able to obtain a Glock G27 a few months later. I hope to add a 12 .ga HD shottie to my meager collection soon. Then maybe add another Ruger 10-22 or mini-14. Limited budget means I must choose well. But, good times come and go. Just prioritize and be flexible. Family and good health will keep you going through hard economic times. Best of luck to you!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

Selling guns sucks. Especially if you're afraid of them being made illegal and taken from you and thats the purpose of selling them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links