Gun Mentality - In Denial

This is a discussion on Gun Mentality - In Denial within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is hard for me to believe. I just can't relate. I've never been exposed to the anti-gun mentality outside the media. I typically don't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is hard for me to believe. I just can't relate. I've never been exposed to the anti-gun mentality outside the media. I typically don't discuss guns with those that don't shoot.

At work today a girl I work with asked me to stop by Target (I live closer to it than she does) to pick up a Nerf Dart Gun for her 8 year old. She said she and her husband have debated this for a couple weeks because it is a gun. It's a freakin dart gun, not worthy of a debate. The only debate should be should we get him a GAMO pellet gun or a Daisy pump.

In my opinion, that nerf gun is much less dangerous than letting the boy play with his sister's Barbie. At least dangerous to his manhood.

Unbelievable.

The anti's have been at this for so long that the masses are truely brainwashed. All that's on TV anymore are cops (the only ones that should have guns) going after BG's (the only ones that will have guns after everything is banned). Almost nothing is shown in a positive light regarding firearm ownership and honest law abiding citizens except maybe on the Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel, et al and many don't get those channels.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    In my opinion, that nerf gun is much less dangerous than letting the boy play with his sister's Barbie. At least dangerous to his manhood.

Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

I hear ya on the barbie thing. Give the kid a bag of lil' green army men.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Lead Moderator
    Some people live in a totally guns are bad world. Stupid, but that how they were either brought up or chose to be.
    so did you buy her a assault nerf gun? You know they are soon to be on the ban list?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Some people live in a totally guns are bad world. Stupid, but that how they were either brought up or chose to be.
    so did you buy her a assault nerf gun? You know they are soon to be on the ban list?
    To add to that, I think the reason why they think guns are bad is because of ignorance. They don't realize that a gun is a tool just like a hammer or a wrench. It will only become useful if there is some one to use it. And yes nerf guns are on the ban list.(Anti's seem to think they cause crime)

- Chuckie
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I'm sure Chuckie's idiot parents are the blame for this. Hopefully Chuckie doesn't remain this way when he old enough to own a firearm because he will turn out to be just as idiotic as his parents.

Jang, I assume that some 6 year old really drew that. Poor kid is being setup to live in a false reality.

Yea, I'll go by tonight and pick it up for her.

What ban list is thing going on? It's just a dart gun that shoots pillow like projectiles.

Don't you know that by using the nerf gun, the boy will fixate on shooting, and by the time he's sixteen he'll be a sociopathic psycho-killer intent on blasting everyone in his school????

Or, maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by hardlivin View Post
    Jang, I assume that some 6 year old really drew that. Poor kid is being setup to live in a false reality.
    I believe that the image was drawn by an adult and the signatory is a play on the name of anti-gun Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY).

Reason being as per the subtleties of the handwriting (ask any pre-school or kindergarten teacher), and also the use of underlines and selective bold lettering for emphasis and application of exclamation points. The latter three being advanced age items of understanding toward relevance and use in written word communication.

Also the bullet impact points (red dots) with connected blood pool imagery is also a clue that this was not drawn by a hand connected to the mind of a 6 yr. old. Not even a 'bright' 6 yr. old.
    Final clue is that the person not only signed his picture which most no 6 yr. old does or thinks/knows to do on their own but the handwriting is very small and finely done showing a great command of hand muscle, skill, and hand to eye coordination.

The whole thing is bogus and most probably drawn by an older aged person closer to teens if not an adult.
    I personally would never have suspected any of the above if it were not for the fact that I am a dad of a very bright six year old who since age 1 has been drawing me pictures and writing me personal notes about her life going s on almost daily, and now is in an all day Chinese immersion school and who draws Chinese characters as assignments (and speaks it fluently). Many of her pics are hung on the wall in my office which I myself date and note her age on the back for future reference & remembrance.

And from interacting with her friends and the similar to same aged kids at her school none of them can cover as yet the skills and items I detailed above as are reflected in that clearly anti-gun propaganda image.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member

No, that is a pro gun cartoon, really!!

Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    I'm sure Chuckie's idiot parents are the blame for this. Hopefully Chuckie doesn't remain this way when he old enough to own a firearm because he will turn out to be just as idiotic as his parents.
    There is sarcasm and irony in that pro gun cartoon.

Its message is good guys should pack or they'll end up on the street with bloody holes in their bods courtesy of the bg.

That's a great PRO GUN OWNER cartoon. Wonderful humor and irony.

Chuck's got a great message. And yes, I think that was drawn by an adult. A pro 2A adult.

wpk
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I believe that the image was drawn by an adult and the signatory is a play on the name of anti-gun Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY).

Reason being as per the subtleties of the handwriting (ask any pre-school or kindergarten teacher), and also the use of underlines and selective bold lettering for emphasis and application of exclamation points. The latter three being advanced age items of understanding toward relevance and use in written word communication.

Also the bullet impact points (red dots) with connected blood pool imagery is also a clue that this was not drawn by a hand connected to the mind of a 6 yr. old. Not even a 'bright' 6 yr. old.
    Final clue is that the person not only signed his picture which most no 6 yr. old does or thinks/knows to do on their own but the handwriting is very small and finely done showing a great command of hand muscle, skill, and hand to eye coordination.

The whole thing is bogus and most probably drawn by an older aged person closer to teens if not an adult.
    I personally would never have suspected any of the above if it were not for the fact that I am a dad of a very bright six year old who since age 1 has been drawing me pictures and writing me personal notes about her life going s on almost daily, and now is in an all day Chinese immersion school and who draws Chinese characters as assignments (and speaks it fluently). Many of her pics are hung on the wall in my office which I myself date and note her age on the back for future reference & remembrance.

And from interacting with her friends and the similar to same aged kids at her school none of them can cover as yet the skills and items I detailed above as are reflected in that clearly anti-gun propaganda image.

- Janq
    Wow, all I got out of that picture is that the "good" people were dead.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

VIP Member

That is why it is pro-gun

Quote Originally Posted by wpk View Post
    Wow, all I got out of that picture is that the "good" people were dead.
    Exactly, it clearly show what can happen to those who think guns are bad; end up on the street with bloody holes.

The message of that cartoon isn't what it appears to be at first look.

And Jang is right with his analysis about how the kiddos do drawings and what they are capable of. THis was done by an adult.

Shoot, get the kid this instead.

ThinkGeek :: Nerf Vulcan Automatic Heavy Blaster
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links