Christmas List Issue

This is a discussion on Christmas List Issue within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok, I don't know if I'm asking for help or just venting. Every year I get requests for a Birthday or Christmas List. And every ...

Thread: Christmas List Issue

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar

Christmas List Issue

Ok, I don't know if I'm asking for help or just venting. Every year I get requests for a Birthday or Christmas List. And every year I have to edit out all the gun related items, because no one (except maybe for my brothers) will get me gun related items. Even though everyone knows that is one of my primary interests.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this? I'd really like to get some reloading equipment, but all I'm going to end up getting is gift cards for bookstores.

Oh, and Merry Christmas (or whatever your year end holiday is) Everyone!

2. Remove Ads

I gave up on any help from Santa years ago. I think it's too much of a legal liability for him. Sell the bookstore gift cards to your local pawn broker and use the cash to buy your reloading stuff. When the gift card givers find out you got ten cents on the dollar, maybe, just-maybe, they will get the hint or drop you off their list.

Merry Christmas, john

Dude.....everyone takes cash these days. Some are happy with that notion as they won't have to think too hard about what to get. If you do Wal mart, just figure your expenses of what you'd want, find an item of equal value, ask for it from Santa, and you can always return it for purchase value and get what you really want or cash back. It's either that, or ask for an Outback Steakhouse gift certificate for Christmas, and spend your own on what you want. It's not a perfect world, but you need to work with what you've got. Good luck getting there! And Merry Christmas! Ho, ho, ho!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that. My wife asks for a Christmas list, and Saturday I have to go down to the Gun Store to sign and have the paperwork done (hopefully without finding out exactly what she's buying me).

I would just give them the list....they ask for it!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

It's all in how you ask. Tell them you are trying to save money by buying BC Powder in bulk and you need a nifty powder aspirin dispenser.
    Attached Images
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    VISA have general purpose gift cards. Use that as your gift selection, then you can spend it on whatever you want, where ever you want.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    ............I'd really like to get some reloading equipment, but all I'm going to end up getting is gift cards for bookstores.

Oh, and Merry Christmas (or whatever your year end holiday is) Everyone!
    I don't know if this will help your problem, but this is what I do. Midway USA allows you to create a wish list. Others can access your wish list with your email address. I put items on there ranging from a couple of bucks to "I'll love you forever if you buy me this". Has really helped eliminate a lot of the gifts that are useless. I know other companies have similar set-ups (Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc.).

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Ask for cash or a Visa check card.......
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Links