Toe in water - Tulsa OK, April 1 and 2

This is a discussion on Toe in water - Tulsa OK, April 1 and 2 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toe in water - Tulsa OK, April 1 and 2

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Section 1290.1 et seq. of this title, to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:

1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;

---This means buildings like City Hall, Water Dept., etc. -----

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:

d. any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this subparagraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

----Legal mumbo jumbo, but looks to me like I can pack at the show----
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Thx guys, I had been forewarned.!

So Kevin you too eh. Well tell ya what guys, coupla weeks before, I'll kick off a thread in the ''meeting place'' forum and well hone down some way to touch base and meet up. Could work.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Cool, shouldn't be hard to meet up. There's the huge Tulsa driller out front. Designate someones cell phone so the stragglers can catch up.

Problem is I'm not sure I can wait that long. I am jonesing for an EAA Witness compact in 10MM. It's calling me....
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

Assistant Administrator
    I am jonesing for an EAA Witness compact in 10MM. It's calling me....
    So - get that first LOL!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

BTW, what's the admission?????
    Ten bucks. Here's a tip though. If you are an annual member of NRA, or not a member at all, you can join or renew at the front door for $25, bypass the lines, and get in free. Kinda screws the life members like Chris over though.

The lines are long, but they move fast. Best reason to get there early is the parking. Sm and I must have walked at least a half mile last year. Not a problem as the weather was nice and all we were carrying was a 28 ga 870, but if you buy a couple cases of 30-06, you definately want to either park close or use one of the shuttles.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Wish I could join all of you there. The wife and I will be in California at that time. I am only a couple of hours from Tulsa. I made the show last year and it is something to behold. Everyone enjoy and stay safe.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Thx guys, I had been forewarned.!

So Kevin you too eh. Well tell ya what guys, coupla weeks before, I'll kick off a thread in the ''meeting place'' forum and well hone down some way to touch base and meet up. Could work.
    Sounds good!!

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    How "early" is early enough to get a good parking place?

BEN

Heh heh heh! For you guys that have never been: pool, and get a motel room(You think I'm joking- if you can, do it, it's worth it!). Take a notebook, and map the location of the tables you see "it" on, so that you can prioritize, and find(again) that deal that caught your eye. Lotsandlotsandlots of cool gear. I wish I could, but I think I just got a good deal on a Seecamp, over on USN. Ya'll have fun, & lets us know!

Parking has never been a big deal, but you may have to walk a bit.

One more edit: be wary. Two years ago a couple of friends that I went with previously, saw some flat-top haircuts with cameras in the upper areas (prohibited). When they asked SO about it, they got blank stares and, "What guys?", replies. Just mind your P's and Q's, and don't spend too long fondling the class III, unless you want to be "On The List".

I never thought I could see too many guns, but by the end of the first day, of the first Tulsa show I went to, I was stuporous. The pot and crack-heads downtown had nothing on me....!

There is plenty of parking. We arrived late last year and had to walk a bunch, but, hey, it's springtime in Oklahoma. If you do buy a bunch of ammo or other heavy stuff, get somebody to drive up to the door.
    One more edit: be wary.
    The BATFE actually has their own table, and their guys are well identified.

The first time I went (2 years ago), my brother and I attempted to see every table. We walked from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm, with a short break for a sandwich, and maybe missed the last 12 or so tables. We were too tired to go back on Sunday.

Wear good shoes!!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldPax
    Cool, shouldn't be hard to meet up. There's the huge Tulsa driller out front. Designate someones cell phone so the stragglers can catch up.

Problem is I'm not sure I can wait that long. I am jonesing for an EAA Witness compact in 10MM. It's calling me....
    That's interesting, as I'm looking really hard at getting an EAA Witness full size in 10mm. I am seriously drawn to it.

Hey Chris I'll try to make it. I'll keep you updated on what my schedule is. It's only a about a 2hr drive from Fayetteville.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe
    That's interesting, as I'm looking really hard at getting an EAA Witness full size in 10mm. I am seriously drawn to it.
    Well now I'm just confused. I was able to pick up a Steyr S40 for my carry piece. So now I'm thinking I might go with a full size. I just don't know. I will have a 10mm though.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Well before fed'dome I use to be a coppa up there in green country, and depending on the weither the doc tell me on monday if I have to have surgery or not, I'll try and be there. Heck the only thing that sucks is now that I have a Texas DL I cant buy guns in Tulsa, and the Dallas gun show suck compated to T-town shows.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links