Have you proposed yet?
This is a discussion on Stages of a new convert within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One of the "young" ladies I have dated/taken shooting went through the following stages. (Time spans vary) 1. You own a gun? Why? 2. Do ...
One of the "young" ladies I have dated/taken shooting went through the following stages. (Time spans vary)
1. You own a gun? Why?
2. Do you carry a gun? Why?
3. Sure, I'll go shooting with you.
4. That was fun, but I don't think I would be interested in doing it again.
5. My dad said I can take his gun to the range and shoot it. Take me. Oh and by the way, bring your guns, too.
6. I am taking a cross country motorcycle trip, but I don't need a gun.
7. I should have brought a gun with me on that cross country trip.
8. (Today) I just got back from the gun show. I want your opinion on what gun I should buy.
9. Take me back to the gun show and help me buy a Glock 26. After that I am taking my CHL class and getting a CHL. Then I am taking all the shooting classes. I am counting on you to take me back to the range and help me practice.
10. Damn right. If someone comes at me and it is me or him, he is toast.
Took about 6 months.
Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.
That was a pretty fast progression in only 6 months. Took my wife about a year, although she sped up after I showed her the story of Dr. Petit's tragedy in nearby Chesire.
"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."
- Thomas Jefferson
"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"
"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"
Hide the ring in a box of her ammo and hand it to her at the range, she's a keeper!!
While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3
thats pretty cool if you ask me. After two months my wife is between #2 and #3. she is coming along though.
This is the law;
The purpose of fighting is to win.
There is no possible victory in defense.
The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck
If you move to Texas I will do the wedding. No charge!!!
"Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"
Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
NRA Instructor & Life Member
Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American
My wife still in stage 2, and I think she'll be there for a looooong time.
Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués
Took 32 years to get my wife to step nine...she's frozen there.
I'd say that you're in great shape.
The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.
Certified Glock Armorer
NRA Life Member